Im thinking of boycotting Ableton after seeing this...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zumd2

Im thinking of boycotting Ableton after seeing this...

Post by zumd2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:32 am

If you go on Ableton's soundcloud page, they purposely uploaded a specific number of sounds a month ago so that their total number of sounds would read "666".

http://soundcloud.com/ableton

Some people may think it's just a joke and I should calm down. if this was done by an individual artist or band page, I would let it pass. But this is a product used by many types of producers of many backgrounds and genres. I find it very lame for Ableton (or at least the person in charge of running the page) to indirectly push the Satanic agenda...you can tell it was done intentionally because they upload batches of sounds at a time.

It sucks because I really love Ableton and want to upload tutorials and teach the program to others. But now I don't know :/

moonpie

Re: Im thinking of boycotting Ableton after seeing this...

Post by moonpie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:13 am

You could switch to Reaper I guess.

jbw

Post by jbw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:29 am

Satan already lost. He is a defeated foe. That's why he's so grumpy.

JoshG567

Post by JoshG567 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:39 am

wocka wocka

zumd2

Post by zumd2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:03 am

Lol at the Satan comment. I really don't care what people practice (as long as it doesnt harm anyone else), but it's irresponsible to push a religious belief with a widely used product. Every idiot knows 666 is a religious connotation. If Ableton used a blatant Islamic symbol, or Christian symbol, or a Republican Party symbol, etc, Im pretty sure a lot of people who don't follow those beliefs would go "WTF?! Why is Ableton trying to push their views on me?" I just think it was super immature for the mod of the soundcloud page to go out of their way to do it...and it now makes me wonder if it was intended by the brand or not...

ImNotDedYet

Post by ImNotDedYet » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 am

zumd2 wrote:Lol at the Satan comment. I really don't care what people practice (as long as it doesnt harm anyone else), but it's irresponsible to push a religious belief with a widely used product. Every idiot knows 666 is a religious connotation. If Ableton used a blatant Islamic symbol, or Christian symbol, or a Republican Party symbol, etc, Im pretty sure a lot of people who don't follow those beliefs would go "WTF?! Why is Ableton trying to push their views on me?" I just think it was super immature for the mod of the soundcloud page to go out of their way to do it...and it now makes me wonder if it was intended by the brand or not...
What makes you so sure they did it intentionally? There are eighteen sounds in the their last upload. Should they have cut it down to seventeen or thought up another sound? Perhaps the uploader doesn't know anything about that number. Or even more likely - the person that uploaded the files had no idea of the number of sounds in Ableton's account, and then obviously wouldn't know the total after uploading the tracks. I don't look at my number of sounds after uploading something, and odds are he/she didn't either.

My dad was a pastor, I grew up a Christian and still consider myself one today. I'm not in any way offended at the fact they have exactly 666 sounds. IMO, you're being over-sensitive and assuming something that may or may not have been the actual case, but in all probability was not intentional.

If it really concerns you, why don't you write Ableton to let them know they have a potentially sensitive number as their number of sounds and see what they do about it. Either way, go ahead and boycott. I once thought doing things such as boycotting some company because I felt I was wronged by them - only to eventually see the futility in it.

login

Post by login » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:11 am

ImNotDedYet wrote:
zumd2 wrote:

If it really concerns you, why don't you write Ableton to let them know they have a potentially sensitive number as their number of sounds and see what they do about it. Either way, go ahead and boycott. I once thought doing things such as boycotting some company because I felt I was wronged by them - only to eventually see the futility in it.
While I don't think OP is right I think everyyone has the right to boycott any company they dislike for any reason they believe.

There are so many companies doing really bad things outhere that I don't want to give my money too.

Voyager2

Post by Voyager2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:17 am

I thought god was dead?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39 am

Holy fuck, serious? Jesus Christ....

:roll:
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 am

This is my #570 post. When I reach post number 666 I'll make sure I immediately post a #667 not to offend you.
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

JDFS

Post by JDFS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:34 am

Great Swedish techno you should check: SHXCXCHCXSH. Also 666. Oh, guess that's not the purpose...
Last edited by JDFS on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:00 am

And here I thought, I had seen it all

The idiots just don't die out it seems.....sigh

:roll:

Hint: Neither the nice sky fairy you like, nor the bad one with horns and tail you are so afraid of, are real.
It's all in your head (and some very old books, badly written by fools like you a long time ago ;-) )

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:30 am

@the OP: haven`t you known that from the beginning? i mean, why do you started with ableton?
i thought we are are all connected through the love to satan?
oh man

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 am

The OP is right y'know. Also, if you say "Ableton" backwards, you'll say "Notelba" Which is the name of an ancient demon that some say is Satan's gay lover.

I'm going to bitwig.