Im thinking of boycotting Ableton after seeing this...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tedlogan

Re: Im thinking of boycotting Ableton after seeing this...

Post by tedlogan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Well, let me tell you one thing. leave music now, because it originates from the Devil himself. Become a doctor or something. Good luck.
I'm pretty young and inexperienced about the industry
Not just about that mate.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:12 pm

The DAWn of the Dead

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 pm

zumd2 wrote:Lol thanks for the humor you guys, :lol: but I'm not a troll.
I know my original post may have seemed over the top, but the soundcloud thing wasn't the first incident to make me go "wtf". There's been a lot of discussion recebtly about religious/occult symbolism surrounding musicians today, and The fact that Ableton may be a part of all that weirdness bums me out because, as I mentioned before, I wanted to be a certified train and teach it. My concern is getting involved with that on my way to having a music production career.

I'm pretty young and inexperienced about the industry (yet I have been producing for over a decade so I know my stuff), so I don't know if The industry really is that way... I just believe there's no smoke without fire. Maybe some non-trolls who have a solid music career can let me know if it's all a big deal or not? Thanks!
It's a computer program. The makers of this program are programers living from the funds you pay for the program.
You can use this program to make music in a digital format consisting of 0s and 1s.

The order of these 0s and 1s can be freely chosen by the user. Some musicians are of the devil and arrange these 0s and 1s in ways that will not make you happy, yet others will arrange them in such a way that the most beautiful sky fairy worshipping gospel will be generated once a digital reproduction device replays these digital files.

The devil in this case is not in the program but in the fact that some of your fellow musicians don't belief in the same fairy tales you do.

You must decide if you can live with this.

Now please stop bothering us, I for one find adults with imaginery sky friends, they can't stop talking about annoying.

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:34 pm

I know my original post may have seemed over the top, but the soundcloud thing wasn't the first incident to make me go "wtf". There's been a lot of discussion recebtly about religious/occult symbolism surrounding musicians today, and The fact that Ableton may be a part of all that weirdness bums me out because, as I mentioned before, I wanted to be a certified train and teach it. My concern is getting involved with that on my way to having a music production career.

I'm pretty young and inexperienced about the industry (yet I have been producing for over a decade so I know my stuff), so I don't know if The industry really is that way... I just believe there's no smoke without fire. Maybe some non-trolls who have a solid music career can let me know if it's all a big deal or not? Thanks!
WOW! You're serious aren't you....

Honestly, if you're the kind of person who would take this seriously, there really is no difference between you and the occult/devil worshipers you fear. Two sides of a terrible coin. Belief in a god has caused more suffering and hatred than the devil ever will.

login

Post by login » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

OP: isn't there a music software designed for fundamentalist christians? free of sin and ocultism? Maybe look at what software christian universities use for teaching?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:56 pm

^ beware a wolf in sheep's GUI

if you're serious, then look at it like this... you're not making "evil" music right? so turn the devils weapons against him. make something good with it and it becomes good. from the darkness comes light.

/humoring

zumd2

Post by zumd2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Fyi Ableton uploaded new sounds so its now 668 :D

I'm not worrying about using the program and accidentally evoke demons lmao...I'm talking about actually PARTNERING with Ableton, the brand, bc I like their products...but the fear of finding out they're cult-like. But the more realistically I think about it, the more I conclude that some people in the biz are shady, while others simply do their job and go home.

P.s I think a large chunk of religious teaching is a bunch of bull, but at the same time I believe there's a spiritual side to life and that people Dedicate their lives to practicing; to think that's a load of crap is pretty small minded. Anyway, I hate to go deep into it on this forum...damn I REALLY killed the vibe on this forum with this post lol.
Last edited by zumd2 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm

So my main conclusion is that Soundloud needs to figure out a way to make the sound counter go from 665 straight to 667.

Either that, or it needs to find a way of blocking stupid people.

panten

Post by panten » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Top marks for the most idiotic thread started outside of the lounge.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Today I made the most evil chord ever. But it was in bitwig......

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:25 pm

panten wrote:Top marks for the most idiotic thread started outside of the lounge.
Well religion as a topic would not be permited in the Lounge.

So there's that :!:

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 pm

Angstrom wrote:I think this video will explain the position

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=780Abmc9jb0
:D A regular at my workplace

The song I mean, not Mr Voorhees or the Surfers.

SATAN!! Satan satan satan stn stn ntn tn n n n haha love this track

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 pm

zumd2 wrote:If you go on Ableton's soundcloud page, they purposely uploaded a specific number of sounds a month ago so that their total number of sounds would read "666".

http://soundcloud.com/ableton

Some people may think it's just a joke and I should calm down. if this was done by an individual artist or band page, I would let it pass. But this is a product used by many types of producers of many backgrounds and genres. I find it very lame for Ableton (or at least the person in charge of running the page) to indirectly push the Satanic agenda...you can tell it was done intentionally because they upload batches of sounds at a time.

It sucks because I really love Ableton and want to upload tutorials and teach the program to others. But now I don't know :/
I for one am now more fully an Abletonian now that I know they the embrace the satanic agenda. If you use Macs be aware that the first run of Apple 1's was 666. I'm saying this not to dog on Apple, but to encourage you to stop using products I like.

Basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM

PHY6

Post by PHY6 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:19 am

When rock'n'roll was first played, they called it the devils music...we all now what happenned after...still rocking till this day. So I wouldn't worry about it. :evil: