Down button in Note mode triggering next scene - instantly!

Discuss Push with other users.
GeoffMutton

Down button in Note mode triggering next scene - instantly!

Post by GeoffMutton » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:22 pm

If I'm working in Note View and I accidentally hit the down key, Live launches the next scene immediately (ignoring global quantise).
If I have an empty scene next all audio stops, so this could quite literally be a showstopper!

I know that it doesn't do this when you're in Session view, but I can't ever imagine a time when the current Note View behaviour would be useful.

Anyone know if there's a way to disable this??

tedlogan

Re: Down button in Note mode triggering next scene - instantly!

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Not the best solution, but you could change Push's settings: Hold down the User button, and then under Workflow, choose Clip instead of Scene. Now it will only skip to the next slot for the channel you're in, and not the whole scene.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:43 pm

I think there is a setting in preferences that is something like "launch clip on select", maybe see if that is enabled and disable it?
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Push = Fail

Can't change this behavior

its YOUR job to never press that button, not Ableton's job to make a quality product. They just sell the product.

Steve Glen

Post by Steve Glen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm

This behavior cant be changed. Im not a fan.

Steve Glen

Post by Steve Glen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 pm

I always assumed that the pedal inputs could solve this... but these are already mapped. Input 1 is sustain, and input 2 is play/new/(overdub?)

The pedals can only be mapped in user mode.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:42 am

Not a fan of this either. It doesn't really bother me though, as I select empty slots or clips by holding Select+pad. I don't know why anyone would want to navigate with these and have it launch clips/scenes non-synced. The related "Press up/down to edit playing clip" is the issue that really infuriates me sometimes.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:56 pm

tedlogan wrote:Not a fan of this either. It doesn't really bother me though, as I select empty slots or clips by holding Select+pad. I don't know why anyone would want to navigate with these and have it launch clips/scenes non-synced. The related "Press up/down to edit playing clip" is the issue that really infuriates me sometimes.
Yeah that was annoying the shit out of me last night during a long session. Trying to edit something and it's flashing "Press up to edit playing clip", and I'm like "No!!! Damn it my hands are busy doing others stuff" and it's like "Press up to edit playing clip" and I'm like "damn fine you bitch!, as long as you shut up and get out of my way!!!".
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:16 am

Airyck wrote:
tedlogan wrote:Not a fan of this either. It doesn't really bother me though, as I select empty slots or clips by holding Select+pad. I don't know why anyone would want to navigate with these and have it launch clips/scenes non-synced. The related "Press up/down to edit playing clip" is the issue that really infuriates me sometimes.
Yeah that was annoying the shit out of me last night during a long session. Trying to edit something and it's flashing "Press up to edit playing clip", and I'm like "No!!! Damn it my hands are busy doing others stuff" and it's like "Press up to edit playing clip" and I'm like "damn fine you bitch!, as long as you shut up and get out of my way!!!".
It is truly invasive and obstructive when you're browsing on Push - it occupies a whole line obscuring part of the list...RAGE...even if no clips in the track at all.

Why don't we have more wonderful tips/messages flashing like "Press pads to enter data" or "Turn encoders to change values" or "Smash yourself in the face to release anger"

The quickest way I know of to stop this pointless message is to use the Push arrow keys to jump to an adjacent track and back.