Is there a better way than this for audio chop with Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
Daniel_S

Is there a better way than this for audio chop with Push?

Post by Daniel_S » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm slowly swaying more towards working with audio rather than MIDI, and in doing so it has led to less time spend using Push.

I love using Push though so would love to be able to edit audio with it much like people say you can easily do on Maschine.

Stumbled across this vid from over a year ago and although it does look good for quick audio chopping, I was wondering if there was a better method out there that people use these days?

thisodd

Re: Is there a better way than this for audio chop with Push?

Post by thisodd » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:06 pm

I can't find no link in your post, no idea what video you mean.

Daniel_S

Post by Daniel_S » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Balls... I wondered not a single response in days :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXirFULvpjI

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Pretty much don't feel obligated to use the mouse for every step like he is doing. It might sound like a cool idea in theory but it wastes so much time. Keep the mouse readily accessible. It's not like he is doing a live show, and even if he was, I doubt he'd spend the show unprepared and standing around chopping samples

Daniel_S

Post by Daniel_S » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:00 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Pretty much don't feel obligated to use the mouse for every step like he is doing. It might sound like a cool idea in theory but it wastes so much time. Keep the mouse readily accessible. It's not like he is doing a live show, and even if he was, I doubt he'd spend the show unprepared and standing around chopping samples
Good point.

I always hear people go on about how easy and intuitive it is to edit audio on Maschine.

I'm hoping one day, this is a feature that's tightly integrated into Push.

thisodd

Post by thisodd » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Machine is a sampler and has a nice screen for displaying and chopping samples, being a sampler Machine has to have the option to chop samples within the device, Push is a midi controller and doesn't have to be able to chop samples, I wouldn't compare those!

However, I've been chopping samples on Roland, EMU, AKAI and what not since the late 80'ies, it's a pain in the A to work with samples on such little screens, and I would prefer editing samples on a big screen any time over a little screen. Of course it would be sweet to visualize samples on Push tho I wouldn't exactly welcome it, especially not with the kind of screen Push offers. What would be really interesting to have on Push is simply better/more editing options, when selecting "clip" on Push, It would be great if we would have more options to edit our samples more like traditional samplers did. There is still a lot to be desired when it comes to sampling in general I think, be it Machine or any other sampler out there.

For now I can only suggest separating those work stages, meaning editing samples on the big screen and then over to Push for jamming with those samples.

thisodd

Post by thisodd » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:52 am

Good one, nice bringing that up!