Hope you have your doors locked/staying in for the night

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
starving student

Re: Hope you have your doors locked/staying in for the night

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 pm

@Beats, it's not really rocket science man, if a particular store doesn't want to treat you respectfully you boycott that store, if an apartheid police department wants to treat you with no respect then you target their benefactors, whomever is making their largest monetary contributions, whomever is paying the cost for the policeman's ball, whomever the main money backers are for the closest elected representative with close ties to the police dept. etc… trust me your list will be exhaustive, especially a tech savvy guy such as yourself would have no problem finding benefactors to target.
I forget which one it was that was a part of the alex organization I think pepsi or coke, but when people got wind of it and began to target them they dropped alec like a bad habit.

@Machines there's no way to tell what kind of altercation though. I myself have had the experience of the police rolling up and bumping me with the car
door so I know exactly what his friend meant when he said the cop hit them with the door and it bounced back…. and one thing you'll know if you have any experience with the police is they are always 'right', if you even begin to question them even a little bit they escalate things in a ridiculous manner, just like that guy you brought up as an example who got shot at that gas station. watch that video again, it wasn't because the guy was reaching for his license that he got shot, it was because the cop escalated from 0 to freakin 60 in .0 seconds, because the guy was too slow, that cop was all over his ass and that is common. it doesn't matter if nobody ever gets shot, just that common way of interacting with certain people is the problem.
I've had two policeman roll up on me when I'm coming home and simply opening my gate so that I can park my car, these cops told me after I told them that the light they were shining in my face is making it difficult for me to see the lock and unlock the gate, these cops told me to get a hair cut and get the fuck in the house…. now the reason I bring this up is because, I didn't get shot and these were the 'good cops'….. but there are countless amounts of people living under this kind of state everyday..
that's why racist organizations tell their membership to get into law enforcement above all else, because they are well received.

anyways for me it is not a stretch to believe that officer wilson rolled up on them and hit them with the door, and the cop said he grabbed the kids arm
so just those two things is enough to qualify as an altercation and you think the kid was dumb enough to start an altercation with the cop, I don't think that kid started that altercation. I think most black kids don't go around starting altercations with cops, I think most black kids are afraid of cops, and I think most cops start altercations with black kids.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:53 pm

starving student wrote:or do you believe michael brown was so un-afraid of the cop that he attacked an armed police officer without a weapon presumably thinking he would be victorious?
I didn't even think this was a question anymore.

Didn't they find his blood on the cop's gun and inside the car?

Or is there still some doubt as to whether he assaulted the cop when he was still in his car and tried to get hold of his gun, which is what is being reported on outlets like NPR? The reports I've heard say he assaulted him in the car and went for his gun and the cop fired inside the car not hitting anyone. Then Brown tried to walk away at which point the cop told him to stop. Then the part after is what is disputed; whether he was just standing still or whether he then turned back around and rushed the cop.

As far as I know the initial assault and gun going off is not disputed by anyone. So if that is true then that right there proves that he in fact was not afraid of assaulting an armed cop when he himself was not armed.

Right?
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:11 pm

starving student wrote:@Beats, it's not really rocket science man, if a particular store doesn't want to treat you respectfully you boycott that store, if an apartheid police department wants to treat you with no respect then you target their benefactors, whomever is making their largest monetary contributions, whomever is paying the cost for the policeman's ball, whomever the main money backers are for the closest elected representative with close ties to the police dept. etc… trust me your list will be exhaustive, especially a tech savvy guy such as yourself would have no problem finding benefactors to target.

In the Silicon Valley we love throwing money at green and socially aware entities while chastising or withholding money from those that aren’t. But we live in a bubble and are not representative of the rest of the country and it seems like the parts of this country that would benefit the most from this type action don’t do any or very little of it. The poor repeatedly vote against their own interests or don’t vote at all.

Do you have any recent examples of poor people voting for their interests AND it actually bore fruit?

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:24 pm

beats me wrote:
starving student wrote:@Beats, it's not really rocket science man, if a particular store doesn't want to treat you respectfully you boycott that store, if an apartheid police department wants to treat you with no respect then you target their benefactors, whomever is making their largest monetary contributions, whomever is paying the cost for the policeman's ball, whomever the main money backers are for the closest elected representative with close ties to the police dept. etc… trust me your list will be exhaustive, especially a tech savvy guy such as yourself would have no problem finding benefactors to target.

In the Silicon Valley we love throwing money at green and socially aware entities while chastising or withholding money from those that aren’t. But we live in a bubble and are not representative of the rest of the country and it seems like the parts of this country that would benefit the most from this type action don’t do any or very little of it. The poor repeatedly vote against their own interests or don’t vote at all.

Do you have any recent examples of poor people voting for their interests AND it actually bore fruit?
no, there is no faith in voting. I myself always vote but I do so on principle, not on any faith what so ever.
but thats a completely different issue than hitting entities in their wallets.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:28 pm

starving student wrote:
beats me wrote:

no, there is no faith in voting. I myself always vote but I do so on principle, not on any faith what so ever.
but thats a completely different issue than hitting entities in their wallets.

ok, any recent examples of the poor hitting entities in their wallet and it working out in their favor?

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:45 pm

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:or do you believe michael brown was so un-afraid of the cop that he attacked an armed police officer without a weapon presumably thinking he would be victorious?
I didn't even think this was a question anymore.

Didn't they find his blood on the cop's gun and inside the car?

Or is there still some doubt as to whether he assaulted the cop when he was still in his car and tried to get hold of his gun, which is what is being reported on outlets like NPR? The reports I've heard say he assaulted him in the car and went for his gun and the cop fired inside the car not hitting anyone. Then Brown tried to walk away at which point the cop told him to stop. Then the part after is what is disputed; whether he was just standing still or whether he then turned back around and rushed the cop.

As far as I know the initial assault and gun going off is not disputed by anyone. So if that is true then that right there proves that he in fact was not afraid of assaulting an armed cop when he himself was not armed.

Right?
I was under the impression that it wasn't undeniably verified by anyone but the ferguson/st.louis police, might be wrong, but anyway are you saying that the cop fired his gun in the car and didn't hit M. brown, but that M. browns blood was found in the car?
Last edited by starving student on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:47 pm

@ beats
isn't the whole civil rights movement recent enough to qualify as an example?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:54 pm

starving student wrote:@ beats

No it’s not. There’s several generations of minorities past that whose life circumstances haven’t changed. So either your theory hasn’t worked since then or nobody is actually doing it.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:54 pm

I think it's only in america where you can be trying to flee a white person with a gun and that is defined as being the aggressor, even while you are unarmed..
and then again only in america can you point real automatic weapons at law enforcement, and literally encircle law enforcement with guns and snipers and live to tell about how you didn't even get arrested like on Bundy's ranch, if you're white.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 pm

beats me wrote:

No it’s not. There’s several generations of minorities past that whose life circumstances haven’t changed. So either your theory hasn’t worked since then or nobody is actually doing it.
that's not true, there are steps forward and steps backwards all of the time, but it's the same struggle and it continues. Doesn't mean that progresses haven't been made.

as far as are people organizing and targeting the wallets of such entities enough, no there is not enough… not just in the struggle against racism, but not even in the struggle for fair pay, not even in the struggle for unionizing.. there's not enough people organizing and leveraging the might of their pennies in any of these circumstances…. it's not just a black thang.

but that doesn't mean it's not the right answer, the all mighty dollar is this country's weak spot. if everyone got together and started pulling on those purse strings you would see things change over night.

heck if we wanted to we could get together and persuade apple to put a freakin usb port on the ipad, we just don't do it!

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:19 pm

starving student wrote:
beats me wrote:

that's not true, there are steps forward and steps backwards all of the time, but it's the same struggle and it continues. Doesn't mean that progresses haven't been made.

as far as are people organizing and targeting the wallets of such entities enough, no there is not enough… not just in the struggle against racism, but not even in the struggle for fair pay, not even in the struggle for unionizing.. there's not enough people organizing and leveraging the might of their pennies in any of these circumstances…. it's not just a black thang.

but that doesn't mean it's not the right answer, the all mighty dollar is this country's weak spot. if everyone got together and started pulling on those purse strings you would see things change over night.

heck if we wanted to we could get together and persuade apple to put a freakin usb port on the ipad, we just don't do it!

Well now I feel like our day’s back and forth has been almost pointless. :lol:

Sure things have improved…since the 1960’s. The government and media would have us believe we’re still a nation of overachievers shooting for the stars, but in reality most of us are “eh, could be worse.” slacktivists. At best we show up to a protest with no real teeth that isn’t in it for the long haul.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:51 pm

can't blame the government or the media, they are no more than scapegoats for a populace that can be bought and sold. if anything all they do is cover up the shame and profit off of the left over carcasses. we on the other hand have a larger stake in the situation but refuse to lead.
you can't blame protesters for protesting either, it's a cry for help which we at least we should deem acceptable when someone is struggling… the act of crying for help. It's very human.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:03 pm

I’m not blaming the protesters for protesting, but what percentage of those who protest do you think do anything beyond just that? The entities in power know that not much will happen beyond the protest and see it as little more than a brief irritation they can easily sit out.

memes_33

Post by memes_33 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 pm

who is this ferguson guy and why is everyone mad at him?
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:23 pm

starving student wrote:I was under the impression that it wasn't undeniably verified by anyone but the ferguson/st.louis police, might be wrong, but anyway are you saying that the cop fired his gun in the car and didn't hit M. brown, but that M. browns blood was found in the car?
Well I was sort of mixing two reports. An early one seemed to indicate that the gun went off once in the car while the two men were struggling but didn't say whether Brown was hit at that point (I thought it said that he wasn't hit then).

How his blood got in the car I don't know, but all of the reports in the last two days are saying that it was there.

The autopsy has also been reported to confirm that he was definitely not shot in the back, so your whole "running away is aggression if you're black" thing doesn't seem to apply in this case.

Of course we're all pissing in the wind here. We can only go off of reports we hear and read. I'd like to know the truth, but I doubt I ever will.
Unsound Designer