Is Clip Automation Subject to the PDC Problem As Well??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FrancoBlanko

Is Clip Automation Subject to the PDC Problem As Well??

Post by FrancoBlanko » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi just wondering if anybody could tell me whether clip automation suffers the delay issue the same as arrangement automation, or is it somehow earlier in the chain and doesn't get affected by latent plug-ins? I've been testing out the arrange page automation issue and it is definitely a big pain to deal with if you need to accurately automate anything...

be tonal

Re: Is Clip Automation Subject to the PDC Problem As Well??

Post by be tonal » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Guess! :evil:

FrancoBlanko

Post by FrancoBlanko » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Oh no…!

Rubbish.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:03 pm

FrancoBlanko wrote:Hi just wondering if anybody could tell me whether clip automation suffers the delay issue the same as arrangement automation, or is it somehow earlier in the chain and doesn't get affected by latent plug-ins? I've been testing out the arrange page automation issue and it is definitely a big pain to deal with if you need to accurately automate anything...
I haven't done any testing as I have yet to be bitten by PDC. I mainly do volume fades automated and effects sends, not much else, but if I recall correctly bussing (grouping) troublesome tracks and putting effects on there improved the PDC situation somewhat. Search for this in the forums and see if it can help you.
Make some music!