What did you bought on Back Friday Sale ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
locojohn

Re: What did you bought on Back Friday Sale ?

Post by locojohn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:28 am

I bought nothing.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:57 am

VMR (which wasn't really on sale but such a lovely ensemble) and soon to be.......(BIG GULP).........soundtoys 8O

Very expensive but for whatever reason, demoing the stuff the last couple of days, putting them into projects and no real issues.....I just can't resist (even though I'm still resisting and trying not to spend the cash)

BojanKerkez

Post by BojanKerkez » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:12 am

Quez wrote:... anyone ever used NI Spark ? I can't find much about it. Not popular ? It's only 25 buckz.
Spark is the precursor of Prism, in terms of how it's laid out, the effects, and the way you program it. And though it does show its age, it's still a great synth.

It is not often advertised that Spark comes bundled with 5 other Reaktor synths as a part of Komplete Elements. Which itself comes with a $30/25€ voucher, so if you intend to buy some other NI product, you can basically get it for free. Especially if you already have a $30 voucher for buying KE, which (half price) was the way I purchased it.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:44 am

Ok What I actually bought.

UVI Sweep Machine, Beat Box Anthology, and upgraded PSP Nitro to N2O. About $80 total :)

Probably going to upgrade my freebie SoundToys Little Microshift to the Pro version for $49. I recall it being $79 in the past.

I'm really tempted by the EastWest Sale to get Brass and Woodwind libraries, ( You can combine their $100 off anything over $220 with their two for one, getting you $500 worth of libraries for $150 ), but that company gets mixed reviews.

dewaldo

Post by dewaldo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:56 am

Machinesworking wrote:Ok What I actually bought.

UVI Sweep Machine, Beat Box Anthology, and upgraded PSP Nitro to N2O. About $80 total :)

Probably going to upgrade my freebie SoundToys Little Microshift to the Pro version for $49. I recall it being $79 in the past.

I'm really tempted by the EastWest Sale to get Brass and Woodwind libraries, ( You can combine their $100 off anything over $220 with their two for one, getting you $500 worth of libraries for $150 ), but that company gets mixed reviews.
microshift is amazing please get pro

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:26 pm

The thing about the lack of a Komplete (upgrade) sale is that I take a look at all the individual sale items, and realise that I'll actually do just fine without K10U, so I'll end up buying Rise & Hit or nothing at all, and then simply never buy K10.

I did go a bit nuts elsewhere this weekend, though, so maybe it's a good thing I'm not throwing (a lot) of money at NI too:
Cinestrings Core
Cinewinds Core
Cinebrass Core
Heavyocity DM-307

8O

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:06 pm

I bought my folks the Wolfgang Puck Quadchop blender (50% off!!!)
ImageImage

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Melda Production MMultiBandSaturator. 24€ today.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:50 pm

mcdreamer wrote:Native Instruments Razor. Had my eye on it for a while. Very pleased after a brief play with it last night.
It's awesome. I'm going to focus on Razor, Tremor (both purchases of last year), FM8 and Sampler for the coming month and try to learn to do all my sounds on these. It's tempting to try and explore all I got in Live Suite and Komplete 9, but I have to focus or get stuck.
Make some music!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:14 pm

sporkles wrote:The thing about the lack of a Komplete (upgrade) sale is that I take a look at all the individual sale items, and realise that I'll actually do just fine without K10U, so I'll end up buying Rise & Hit or nothing at all, and then simply never buy K10.

I did go a bit nuts elsewhere this weekend, though, so maybe it's a good thing I'm not throwing (a lot) of money at NI too:
Cinestrings Core
Cinewinds Core
Cinebrass Core
Heavyocity DM-307

8O
Oh Wow! Jealous, I've wanted to get three big orchestral libraries for a while now. I'm waiting until I find out what I owe tax wise for 2014 though.
Curious as to what you think of them? The Cinesamples libraries look good. I have the Garriton Personal Orchestra, Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2, and various cut rate libraries like the ones included in Kontact and Live Suite.

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:04 pm

I went all out and bought a 64g sdxc card...and 3hrs of studio time.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Machinesworking wrote: Oh Wow! Jealous, I've wanted to get three big orchestral libraries for a while now. I'm waiting until I find out what I owe tax wise for 2014 though.
Curious as to what you think of them? The Cinesamples libraries look good. I have the Garriton Personal Orchestra, Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2, and various cut rate libraries like the ones included in Kontact and Live Suite.
I've been perusing online resources (VI-control, YouTube, etc.) in order to find a suitable orchestral package. If I were to be realistic, I should just go Project Sam all the way, but I couldn't escape the thought that at one point it could turn out to be a limiting factor. (Most likely, I'm having delusions of grandeur.) Basically, I landed on Cinesamples a while ago, but I had no problems waiting for a sale. Even though it might be a while before I start messing around with my new tools, I like having them in my arsenal. (I guess my biggest flaw (among so many others) as a musician is that I keep forgetting that I already have way more tools than I'll ever get to actually use.)

But now that I also have Rise & Hit (cough, cough), my sonic pallette is complete! :lol:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:02 am

All hail ALL black friday extravaganzas! You will now NOT be able to make any more music than before! :lol:

Nah, I hope each and every one are able to enjoy their new toys!

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:29 am

new toys are always nice to have :)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:52 am

eyeknow wrote:You will now NOT be able to make any more music than before! :lol:
Perhaps not on the account of more toys anyway. Being able to make more music is dependent on many factors of which the tools you need is but one — not getting into the tools you "need". Making music with what you have is probably the most important factor.

That said, I haven't made any purchases I regret, so far.

I also bought the "Waves NLS suite" and the "Waves Scheps 73" EQ. I have a few more packages in sight. Anyone knows for how long Ableton's Season's Greetings is running?
Make some music!