Best MIDI guitar rig for Ableton 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Re: Best MIDI guitar rig for Ableton 9

Post by Jekblad » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:02 pm

as long as the hardware is "good enough" then you're taking a load of your CPU. Using triple play is really nice with my laptop specs. Plenty of channels, no extra CPU, no complicated routing, any softsynth I want etc. For many guitar players getting a guitar player synth pedal is a great idea because the patches are set up and optimized for guitars... If this is not something you're used to doing it can be very helpful in a pleasant experience.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Well, each to their own. Myself, I use Guitar Rig 5 Pro, Amplitube 3, and the new Revalver...
And m laptop is a core i7 2.6 Ghz. I wouldn't have anything less to do guitar/music

But actually, I do most of my work on my mid-tower, which has similar specs...

But I can see it if all you have is a netbook... But then I would invest in at least an i5....
(My cpu is around 5% in most cases)
Jekblad wrote:as long as the hardware is "good enough" then you're taking a load of your CPU. Using triple play is really nice with my laptop specs. Plenty of channels, no extra CPU, no complicated routing, any softsynth I want etc. For many guitar players getting a guitar player synth pedal is a great idea because the patches are set up and optimized for guitars... If this is not something you're used to doing it can be very helpful in a pleasant experience.

Kent_in_CO

Post by Kent_in_CO » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:56 pm

How do you like Revalver compared to the other two?

I'll always have a soft spot for Peavey...still miss my bias-modded 5150 :(
Hong Kong: 2050 A.D. You're about to inject a dose of mind-altering nanobots. This is the soundtrack to your trip. https://seven7hwave.bandcamp.com/album/cyberia

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Kent_in_CO wrote:How do you like Revalver compared to the other two?

I'll always have a soft spot for Peavey...still miss my bias-modded 5150 :(
It is just a different flavor from GR5 and AT3. But I'm not that much of a judge...
But I hate their protection system...

Nasser

Post by Nasser » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:58 pm

JoshG567 wrote:
joeyfivecents wrote:
JoshG567 wrote:The M4L devices in the Max 7 update include some pitch followers. I'm excited to try them. MIDI guitar isn't bad at all, but I'd rather pay for Max.
Which devices are you talking about in particular? I have Max 7 but haven't tried to use it with guitar...
I saw one called "Pitch Tracker" in a list here: https://cycling74.com/max7/ I'm assuming it does the same thing, not sure what else it would do...

Tried this; none polyphonic, short range of pitch detection, and really jumpy in pitches. Decent pitch bend detection though.