slow start.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
etruscan

slow start.

Post by etruscan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Live 9 is taking a long time to load. This just started happening. I run Live 9 suite. 9.1.6 32 bit on windows 7. Each time I open live it takes maybe 15 minutes to initialize. I also get a lot of 'live 9 not responding messages when it does get running. I got a new security package the other day but my other programs are running fine. Also my computer crashed yesterday at turn on, but again no other programs seem affected. I don't know if these having something to do with the program. While tinkering around with a possible solution I also noticed that in the compatibility was set to windows XP and not win 7, although this never caused a problem before. I'd appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

eyeknow

Re: slow start.

Post by eyeknow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:49 am

15 minutes might be a new record :o

Sometimes (even with SSD) projects/sets take forever to load here. Some things that have been a stopper before are certain NI products, and older projects being opened in 9.1.x. It's not likely that these are issues for you, but thought I'd bring it up.

Have you tried 9.1.7b3 yet? I've heard people complaining about 9.1.6 quite a bit.

etruscan

Post by etruscan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:24 pm

I haven't seen new version yet, but like I said I have had no problems before with 9.1.6 I am thinking of trying a computer restore, or to re-install Live. Thanks.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 pm

It's the latest beta, it's a good test to see if you are still having the issues. It installs along side the current version.