Audio Interface Necessary?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Precursor

Audio Interface Necessary?

Post by Precursor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 am

I have been making music on my pc for a while now and have been making decent songs. I have been searching around and I've seen people saying I should get an audio interface. I use an Akai mkp25 and Live instruments to make most of my sounds, so I'm not sure an audio interface is completely necessary. Please help me out if you have any advice.

eddiex

Re: Audio Interface Necessary?

Post by eddiex » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:35 am

if you do not plan to play out live, or you are ok with the way you monitor your stuff, and you don't plan to like play guitar or sing or anything like that....basically if you are just doing midi stuff in live.....a sound card might not be necessary.....but if you do plan to play out live, or play guitar or sing or use an audio instrument or something like that, you might want to think about getting one.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:55 am

Its not necessary for what your currently doing. But it would imporve the quality and probably the latency of the audio coming in and out of your computer.

If your happy with what your doing now and dont feel like you need one then, you dont need one.
Dont spend money because a bunch of people are telling you need to spend.

But if you feel you look it up and make your research and you think its something you could benifit from maybe you should save some cash and read and get something that suits your needs.

Its up to you

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:31 am

Sorry actually justed tested that idea but didnt work. Blue hand works with the knob 1 but the the multu button. It sends different messages accoring to different velocity midi number (0-127)

SO a foot switched bettewn 0 and 127 so didnt work

(I tested with a mpk49 and a momentaty foot switch btw)

(oops wrong thead) edit
Last edited by Dragonbreath on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

habeeb24

Post by habeeb24 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 am

This audio interface will be good to listen if you use it. It will make the music interesting.

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:34 am

Wtf, Necro informatial post? :?