Chord change question

Discuss Push with other users.
MoulinRouge

Chord change question

Post by MoulinRouge » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Quick question- if I want to play different chords on Push i.e. C chord then F chord then G chord is that possible? Haven't been using it long but seems like when I'm in scale mode I can only play say the different types of the root of the scale (triad/7th etc).

How would you play the different chords of a song for instance? Sorry if I'm completely missing something.

ImNotDedYet

Re: Chord change question

Post by ImNotDedYet » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:19 am

In scale mode, if I remember correcly, you'd want to play a triangle for your basic triad. So, in the key of C, the root note of the key is the blue pads. Play that blue pad, the pad above and to the right of it, then the pad below and to the right of the second pad. The note to the right of the blue C note is D, the next is E, the next is F. So play the triad like you did on the C with the triangle, but instead of having the left most pad being the blue pad. G is one to the right of the F, so again, play the triad there.

Look up Josh Spoon on youtube for a lot on chords with Push and scale mode. I think he gets into 7ths and maybe 9ths as well.

MoulinRouge

Post by MoulinRouge » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks for the reply. But confused though because say I have it in C major scale mode and I want to play a D major then there isn't an F# or are there different shapes for the mode where it also shows the black keys. Sorry for stupid question, just trying to get my head around it.

Thanks again.

MoulinRouge

Post by MoulinRouge » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:28 am

Ignore me, I get it :-)

fangjnr

Post by fangjnr » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 am

You will have to put it in chromatic mode. It will still light up the notes of the scale, but will have the extra notes you need.