Roku I Love You

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
TomViolenz

Re: Roku I Love You

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 pm

shadx312 wrote:Well it's your fault you let Bob have a say, so... nyeh
Boundaries, Tom. Exercise them. Everyone else only hangs out with Bob when he's depressed.
Guess who you'll be inviting over for Xmas wkend out of pity? Now who do you have to blame?
But hey at least you'll get to bond after he admits he hates social media just as much as you do...
Just make sure he doesn't slip a roofie in yr eggnog.
Hey!
I'm Bob! :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I watched a show this past weekend complete with “This show rules!” Twitter post banners at the top through its entirety. :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:10 pm

I've been seeing the Paypal commercial that ends with the slogan 'People Rule!' which has to be the most puke inducing brown-nosing slogan I've ever heard, although that Surface Pro2 commercial with the unenthusiastic guy who can't sing that song is pretty rage inducing.

On the flipside the Android commercial with the animated characters bobbing their heads to 'C' mon ride the train' has got to be the coolest commercial I've seen.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm

makes me realize that it has been quite some time since I last saw a commercial.

Well x-mas at my parents is gonna change that for sure. They love watching TV.... :roll:
Ugh, and the crap they watch :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:33 pm

You're not missing anything. When I was in Cali I had to keep Bones-a-thons on TNT in the background while I worked because it was the only other voice of reason around.
I also found that Modern Family is pretty good. And very recently Psych is pretty funny; it's like a legal side of Scrubs without all the cheese.
American Pickers is another show that can be left on in the background. There's bits and pieces of decency on some channels but it's mostly surrounded by crap, and in the end if you stop seeing any of them they won't feel missed. I even stopped Game of Thrones in the middle last season and I'm still meh about keeping up with it.

I'd rather play music anyway.

Hey you wouldn't happen to have a bomb lying around there, would you?
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:48 pm

shadx312 wrote:You're not missing anything. When I was in Cali I had to keep Bones-a-thons on TNT in the background while I worked because it was the only other voice of reason around.
I also found that Modern Family is pretty good. And very recently Psych is pretty funny; it's like a legal side of Scrubs without all the cheese.
American Pickers is another show that can be left on in the background. There's bits and pieces of decency on some channels but it's mostly surrounded by crap, and in the end if you stop seeing any of them they won't feel missed. I even stopped Game of Thrones in the middle last season and I'm still meh about keeping up with it.
Oh, I watch some shows on my laptop, but they come without commercials and all the other hassles of regular TV.
On occasion I also watch the streaming offer of ARTE, but that too is commercial free.
It's really the only station worth watching on German TV.
I'd rather play music anyway.
me too, but sometimes it's nice to unwind if I don't have a nice book atm.
Hey you wouldn't happen to have a bomb lying around there, would you?
8O
W h y, you need one?! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I'm sure that just put us both on the radar :x )

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:51 pm

I read something in the news about one being found in Berlin.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:02 pm

shadx312 wrote:I read something in the news about one being found in Berlin.
Really? Nothing about it on the news here... :?

Could it be that they reported on finding some old world war II bomb?! That still happens on occasion, but that's usually page 15 of the local news section kind of stuff here.
Why would that be reported on over in the US? Weird.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:58 am

To stay afraid and keep thinking about war and bombs I guess...
ImageImage

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:07 am

I think I got it from my Circa app. I have it as a widget on my android screen and it scrolls through intl headlines. Another right now is about the PEGIDA rally in Dresden. I hope other countries get inspired.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:35 am

shadx312 wrote: Another right now is about the PEGIDA rally in Dresden. I hope other countries get inspired.
8O
Are you serious?!

These are the epitome of the hate of the disgruntled middle class, who want to take it out on people less fortunate than them.

Staying home when their governments start to show their true fascist underpinnings, because they have "nothing to hide", but making a ruckus when we take up just a few asylum seekers that our world politics produce on a constant basis.

Fuck 'em with a broom handle :evil:

They are like the Tea Party types in the US.
I didn't take you for a friend of them?! :?

Or did I miss a sarcasm tag again?! :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:25 pm

massive edit fuck up
Last edited by H20nly on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Well that's a grey area. I have a problem with Sharia law slipping into 'civil' countries. It seems to be working out so well in the UK.

I know everyone wants to be PC and support 'Freedom, Peace and Diversity' but then again most religions don't seem to support that, especially extreme ones.

Listen to the angry old white man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIaGWURONRU
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:17 pm

shadx312 wrote:Well that's a grey area. I have a problem with Sharia law slipping into 'civil' countries. It seems to be working out so well in the UK.
well really... :x
Please put sarcasm tags in the future, or any discussion on here will end with pages of me trying to make a point and everyone else going: Ha, HA! /Nelson

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:23 pm

I wasn't being sarcastic.
ImageImage