Console 1

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cmreal04

Console 1

Post by cmreal04 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Hey guys any thoughts on this.: http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=console1
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

stoersignal

Re: Console 1

Post by stoersignal » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:21 pm

i had a test unit from my dealer. after working with it for one week i gave it back.
the channel strip itself sounds wonderful, everything from the transient shaper, to the eq, comp......
but the bad thing: it doesn`t really integrate well with live. automatic track naming doesn`t work and as soon you insert a track somewhere everything gets a big mess and becomes the opposite to workflow enhancement.

i will wait until ableton or softube figure out how to fix that. when i select a track with one of my other control surfaces and console1 follows THEN i`m definitely going to buy one!
+ when the automatic track naming is working

the build quality, the knobs and the LEDs are all really nice

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Thanks, really appreciate the reply/info.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 pm

That's too much money unless it's the shizzle. I'd be really worried about (as mentioned) poor integration. Most hosts have myriad issues w/o something like this, plus if it has glitches I'd imagine they have a pretty small staff to hunt down and fix bugs. If it was =/<599 I could see someone taking a chance on it, but that price is insane.

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:54 pm

eyeknow wrote:That's too much money unless it's the shizzle. I'd be really worried about (as mentioned) poor integration. Most hosts have myriad issues w/o something like this, plus if it has glitches I'd imagine they have a pretty small staff to hunt down and fix bugs. If it was =/<599 I could see someone taking a chance on it, but that price is insane.
Yeah the price is a little steep, but I already found it for $749 without much effort. It won't be long before I can find it for even less...although price doesn't mean much if the integrations not seamless.

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:05 pm

cmreal04 wrote:
eyeknow wrote:That's too much money unless it's the shizzle. I'd be really worried about (as mentioned) poor integration. Most hosts have myriad issues w/o something like this, plus if it has glitches I'd imagine they have a pretty small staff to hunt down and fix bugs. If it was =/<599 I could see someone taking a chance on it, but that price is insane.
Yeah the price is a little steep, but I already found it for $749 without much effort. It won't be long before I can find it for even less...although price doesn't mean much if the integrations not seamless.
it will take maybe another year, but i (want to) believe that they are working on a solution! and then it will be perfect! :roll:

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:24 pm

i have been looking at this thing with a certain interest.
Thing is, I get the feeling it would be one of those pieces that gets left alone more often than not, ending up taking second place to the mouse again. I like the idea of sticking to a set channel configuration, but that's just not the way i work.
Personally i 'd like to see a controller like the bcr2000 with lcd/oled parameter read outs. More dynamic i reckon.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:23 am

stoersignal wrote:i had a test unit from my dealer. after working with it for one week i gave it back.
the channel strip itself sounds wonderful, everything from the transient shaper, to the eq, comp......
but the bad thing: it doesn`t really integrate well with live. automatic track naming doesn`t work and as soon you insert a track somewhere everything gets a big mess and becomes the opposite to workflow enhancement.

i will wait until ableton or softube figure out how to fix that. when i select a track with one of my other control surfaces and console1 follows THEN i`m definitely going to buy one!
+ when the automatic track naming is working

the build quality, the knobs and the LEDs are all really nice
Please let me know if you here about any updates, I'm up for the gamble on this...once it's more live ready.

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:39 am

Has anyone else tried to recreate this in Live?

So far I've Satson Channel/Utility > Schaack Transient Shaper > EQ8 > Glue > Utility. All devices are racked and macro mapped. On Push I just have to select a device in the chain and can tweak it. Any ideas for improvement?

home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

sinextesia

Post by sinextesia » Sun May 31, 2015 9:04 am

Really interested in Console 1 but specially for the workflow as I already have the UAD staff...
As far as I know the main issue is that track names and numbers are not taken automatically from the DAW in Live 9...
So I guess that if you insert a new track you will have to rearrange the tracks in Console 1. But is it such a big issue?

Anybody else using Console 1 who could give us any feedback?

Thanks!