Sonic Bloom Push Course?

Discuss Push with other users.
Eleggua

Sonic Bloom Push Course?

Post by Eleggua » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:37 am

Anyone taken Madeleine Bloom's, Push the Envelope – Become a Pro on Ableton Push, course from http://sonicbloom.net?

If so, curious how you liked it and if it helped you?

Steve Glen

Re: Sonic Bloom Push Course?

Post by Steve Glen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 am

I havent but I will recommend her. The free content that she has made available to the community is very useful and is advanced/has depth.

Eleggua

Post by Eleggua » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:54 am

Steve Glen wrote:I havent but I will recommend her. The free content that she has made available to the community is very useful and is advanced/has depth.
Great. I appreciate it.

And I just picked up both her courses. The price is great.

rasaban

Post by rasaban » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Yes, Good tutorials ..She has a 4 part video, on the options Text
http://sonicbloom.net/en/the-best-ablet ... #more-6731

Great stuff
Ryzen 5 20g mem 500g sata ssd 500g nvme ssd Push 2
I7 Win 10 laptop,16g mem, 500g SSD, Live Suite 10.0.1 ,U-he Ace,Hive Zebra,SynthMaster Synthmaster One, AVP Avenger
Most of the Sonic Faction: Tricky Traps,Polytek,Dope Matrix etc.

Eleggua

Post by Eleggua » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:37 pm

rasaban wrote:Yes, Good tutorials ..She has a 4 part video, on the options Text
http://sonicbloom.net/en/the-best-ablet ... #more-6731

Great stuff
Thanks - I bought everything she has. Great price over the holidays. And she is a very nice and helpful person. I'm looking forward to learning from her.

rehills

Post by rehills » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Don't know if any of you have tried them but, I am loving AskVideo's Ableton and Push tutorials. I believe there are two video series on the Push but there are dozens on Ableton, synthesis, and music production in general. I spent most of the weekend watching them and I picked up some great tips.

One of my favorite series is the Dubstep Production series. Forget the genre, this series is packed with amazing ableton production tips including advanced EQ, compression, kick layering and construction, etc. I don't create dubstep so, I sure am glad I stumbled across this series. His first video covers a lot of great Ableton keyboard shortcut tips.

Rick

Eleggua

Post by Eleggua » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Hey Rick- they do have a great selection.

I went back and forth between AskVideo and MacProVideo finally going for now with the later. But when I get through what I'm studying here, I'm going to spend some time at AskVideo as well.

For now, I'm loving the video's at SonicBloom.com. Really good and helpful. And I love giving back to someone who helps this community so much.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Madeleine rocks.

lipm77

Post by lipm77 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:15 am

rehills wrote:Don't know if any of you have tried them but, I am loving AskVideo's Ableton and Push tutorials. I believe there are two video series on the Push but there are dozens on Ableton, synthesis, and music production in general. I spent most of the weekend watching them and I picked up some great tips.

One of my favorite series is the Dubstep Production series. Forget the genre, this series is packed with amazing ableton production tips including advanced EQ, compression, kick layering and construction, etc. I don't create dubstep so, I sure am glad I stumbled across this series. His first video covers a lot of great Ableton keyboard shortcut tips.

Rick
Cheers Rick, I did another series on Maschine but am about to release a new workflow series for Push as well as I've been bashing away at a workable method with Push for ages and think I've cracked it. The struggle is to get a good method for flexible sound-design for me :)

login

Post by login » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:34 am

I have subscribed to some video courses sites in the past, my recommendations tíos would be:

- for synthesis nothing touches Syntorial, the best by far.
- For general production Lynda.com has great tutorials, even while based on protools they are one of the best.
- Macprovideo has a lot on Live, a lot of them quite good,
- Groove3 has some very good on effects, the ones on synths kind of suck. They also have some on Live which are pretty good.

- Coursera, it's free but there are just one on Ableton Live (quite basic) but also some on music production, they are great start points.