[Old, see new thread] Ubermap: Push VST param remapping

Discuss Push with other users.
tom_d

Re: Ubermap (Alpha, Mac-only): Simple Push parameter remapping

Post by tom_d » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Author here, apologies for the long silence - just getting back into Ableton after a six month or so break :)

Seems that Ubermap works OK on 9.1.7 (thought it was broken, spent half an hour debugging, then realised I forgot to set Ignore = False in my device config :lol: )

The one thing I will mention is that because Ubermap is based on files extracted from an earlier 9.1.x, there's a chance that any fixes Ableton make to the Push mappings (doesn't seem like they've done much for a while mind :roll:) will be wiped out by installing Ubermap... so if you do spot anything strange, let me know and I will update the files (it's not a five minute job, hence why I don't do it for every update).

Hopefully I'll manage to add some new features to Ubermap soon... but for now I must focus on actually making some music!

Cheers,
Tom
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:55 pm

wackazong wrote: One question: the file in the folder "Plugin Parameter Configs" is meant to be loaded in the plugin, right?
Yeah, this is to be loaded into the D16 LuSH-101 VST in the settings... it's one of those plugins where there are more than 128 possible MIDI parameters, so you have to choose which ones you actually want to expose :cry:
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

wackazong

Post by wackazong » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Ok, I got it figured out now. Great tool you build there!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Can anyone vouch for a stable experience in Live 9.1.7 with Ubermap? I just reinstalled close to everything in Live Suite. It's been a week and I'm not done yet. So far everything is super stable.
Make some music!

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Stromkraft wrote:Can anyone vouch for a stable experience in Live 9.1.7 with Ubermap? I just reinstalled close to everything in Live Suite. It's been a week and I'm not done yet. So far everything is super stable.
I've only been using it the last few hours but seems fine. Worst case scenario you can always reinstall Ableton which shouldn't cause you to lose anything - all the Ubermap changes are contained within the Ableton program files so will be wiped out by reinstalling

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Please note I have pushed a new version of Ubermap (no changes to the core functionality yet, more info on what I've done coming in a min!) - if there are any problems with it, you can download the previous release from https://github.com/tomduncalf/ubermap/archive/v0.1.zip

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:50 pm

tom_d wrote:Please note I have pushed a new version of Ubermap (no changes to the core functionality yet, more info on what I've done coming in a min!) - if there are any problems with it, you can download the previous release from https://github.com/tomduncalf/ubermap/archive/v0.1.zip
Thanks Tom.
Make some music!

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:57 pm

I forgot to check. There was an updated community mapping way back, just some changes to sampler. I know you included the community mappings with ubermap but are they the most up to date ones? (not that I'm going to mess with it right now ;) )
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:47 am

Airyck wrote:I forgot to check. There was an updated community mapping way back, just some changes to sampler. I know you included the community mappings with ubermap but are they the most up to date ones? (not that I'm going to mess with it right now ;) )
Ah no, wasn't aware of this - will update it!

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:52 am

Actually, I can't find the updated mappings - seems the posts have been deleted? Could you share if you have them?

KikeAOR

Post by KikeAOR » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi everyone!

First of all, congratulations to tom_d for doing this great job!. You're awesome, man!.

I have tried "Devices" settings in Windows 7 and it works perfectly :)

However, "Browser Preview" doesnt' work. I have made all changes included in the install.command file, but after doing that Push doesn't recognize Live.

Could anyone help me with that?. Maybe i have forgotten one step.... :)

Thanks!.

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:35 pm

KikeAOR wrote:Hi everyone!

First of all, congratulations to tom_d for doing this great job!. You're awesome, man!.

I have tried "Devices" settings in Windows 7 and it works perfectly :)

However, "Browser Preview" doesnt' work. I have made all changes included in the install.command file, but after doing that Push doesn't recognize Live.

Could anyone help me with that?. Maybe i have forgotten one step.... :)

Thanks!.
Hey, it might be better if you post in the other topic for browser preview issues :) Are you trying to do this on Windows? The browser preview won't work on Windows without some changes, unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows machine to do it myself but if someone else fancies trying it I'd be happy to help!

KikeAOR

Post by KikeAOR » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:52 pm

tom_d wrote:Hey, it might be better if you post in the other topic for browser preview issues :) Are you trying to do this on Windows? The browser preview won't work on Windows without some changes, unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows machine to do it myself but if someone else fancies trying it I'd be happy to help!
Hi Tom!.

Sorry I didn't know about the other topic. I will ask there about my problem on Windows ;)

Thanks!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:12 am

Tom, Is there some way I can make Ubermap to use my edited file only for my synth? I have a problem with Reaktor>Razor that I built a fine map with, but as Ubermap keeps generating config files for that and other Reaktor soft synths, my edit is unused. I have 30 Reaktor config files in the Ubermap folder. Only my edit has Ignore = False in it. But it isn't shown even as it worked in the sessions where I made it.

My apologies if this is in the docs. I couldn't find anything about this issue.
Make some music!

almighty_tub

Post by almighty_tub » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:10 pm

First of all, great work. It's exactly what i've been looking for. I do have a bug when using ubermap. I can alter bank names and move parameters around, but when i try to alter a display name, ableton still shows the old parameter name. Does anybody else have the same problems? I'm on windows 7 64 bit