Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:34 pm

mo-seph wrote:Also, I'd like to modify the script so the last row of pads in session view work as clip stops - can anyone point me in the right direction?

(I'm doing this because in big sets, with lots of armed tracks, it gets horrible not having dedicated buttons - I end up making empty clips all over the place)
i added an option to add stop buttons at the bottom of the session. quite neat !
to enable it change the "False" into "True" line 39 in MainSelectorComponent.py : https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... ent.py#L39

and voila !

i also posted a few bug fixes here and there in recent days.

enjoy !

mots

Post by mots » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Happy to see Launchpad95 selected under "Best Tech with Launchpad" category :)

http://novationmusic.de/5-years-of-launchpad

vote it if you like it !

there are some cool entries in all categories.

loud_colour

Post by loud_colour » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:53 pm

mots wrote:Happy to see Launchpad95 selected under "Best Tech with Launchpad" category :)

http://novationmusic.de/5-years-of-launchpad

vote it if you like it !

there are some cool entries in all categories.

Yeah, just voted :)

Thanks for your great RemoteScript, been using it for 2 Years now, and its very nice of you to still increase the script!
The stop-buttons in session view are perfect, good idea when you have a lot of tracks record enabled!

But I have one question: Is it somehow possible to SAVE the locked device-buttons in device controller, so that if i open the project again another time, the same devices will be locked to the 4 buttons? Or is this impossible by API? It's not working for me now, i always have to reassign the 4 buttons when opening a session... Would be a GREAT feature :)

Thank you for your hard work, cheers

mots

Post by mots » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:48 am

loud_colour wrote:
But I have one question: Is it somehow possible to SAVE the locked device-buttons in device controller, so that if i open the project again another time, the same devices will be locked to the 4 buttons? Or is this impossible by API? It's not working for me now, i always have to reassign the 4 buttons when opening a session... Would be a GREAT feature :)

Thank you for your hard work, cheers
as far as i could see there is no option to save any data in the project in the api.

martonpe

Post by martonpe » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 pm

So mots, when is the version for Launchpad Pro coming? :P Just kidding, but it would sure be super awesome, that thing looks neat. It's a shame they left Push-esqe scales and sequencers out of the factory scripts. It's probably the only way Ableton allowed this thing to come out: would have been too much of a Push ripoff otherwise.

mots

Post by mots » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:27 am

martonpe wrote:So mots, when is the version for Launchpad Pro coming? :P Just kidding, but it would sure be super awesome, that thing looks neat. It's a shame they left Push-esqe scales and sequencers out of the factory scripts. It's probably the only way Ableton allowed this thing to come out: would have been too much of a Push ripoff otherwise.
i would be happy to hack that new Launchpad a little :)

if only i would have enough money to spend on it. but so far the donations i received for it are quite far from covering the cost of buying a launchpad pro.
but if by the time it comes out i get enough donations, i promise to get started on it :)

these new bottom buttons are very nice idea, i like the approach of temporary mode switch. clever.
the left buttons make sense of course. curious to see how they integrate with step seq context in mind.
this smooth fader are very cool too.
very much disappointed by the device mode which is so poor compared to the one in the L95 now.
of course the lack of stepseq and scales can be explained by the push.
of course the velocity is what i was after the most.
the RGB not sure it bring much value beside on the price of the unit.

also, they also ditched/ignored the concept of implicit arm. curious on about why !

maylortaylor

Post by maylortaylor » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

mots wrote: i would be happy to hack that new Launchpad a little :)

if only i would have enough money to spend on it. but so far the donations i received for it are quite far from covering the cost of buying a launchpad pro.
but if by the time it comes out i get enough donations, i promise to get started on it :)

these new bottom buttons are very nice idea, i like the approach of temporary mode switch. clever.
the left buttons make sense of course. curious to see how they integrate with step seq context in mind.
this smooth fader are very cool too.
very much disappointed by the device mode which is so poor compared to the one in the L95 now.
of course the lack of stepseq and scales can be explained by the push.
of course the velocity is what i was after the most.
the RGB not sure it bring much value beside on the price of the unit.

also, they also ditched/ignored the concept of implicit arm. curious on about why !
do you think they will add in different scale modes or just have chromatic mode like it was shown in the videos?

Also, what is the 'implicit arm' you mentioned them ditching/ignoring?

mots

Post by mots » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 pm

maylortaylor wrote: do you think they will add in different scale modes or just have chromatic mode like it was shown in the videos?

Also, what is the 'implicit arm' you mentioned them ditching/ignoring?
No idea what they will add to it until they release it. But I suppose they will keep it below the functionalities of the push. But suppose scales should be hackable.

The implicit arm is when the arm button is pink instead of red. The armed track implicitly follows the selected track in instrument mode of l95 or push.

loud_colour

Post by loud_colour » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:50 pm

mots wrote: as far as i could see there is no option to save any data in the project in the api.
Alright, thank you mots for looking it up! :)

Found one minor bug: If i set the stop-buttons row in session mode to "true", the stop-buttons are also represented in the multinote step-sequencer. If I try to select a note in the 8th row of the Launchpad in step-seq mode (eg a drum rack), the buttons behaves exactly as in session mode: It stops all clips on the dedicated track => I cant select the Drum Sounds in the 8th row, it will just stop clips :(

Maybe you can fix this with a new realease some time, no hurry :) It's working like a charm without the stop-buttons ;)

mots

Post by mots » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 pm

loud_colour wrote:
mots wrote: as far as i could see there is no option to save any data in the project in the api.
Alright, thank you mots for looking it up! :)

Found one minor bug: If i set the stop-buttons row in session mode to "true", the stop-buttons are also represented in the multinote step-sequencer. If I try to select a note in the 8th row of the Launchpad in step-seq mode (eg a drum rack), the buttons behaves exactly as in session mode: It stops all clips on the dedicated track => I cant select the Drum Sounds in the 8th row, it will just stop clips :(

Maybe you can fix this with a new realease some time, no hurry :) It's working like a charm without the stop-buttons ;)

i have that fixed in my trunk. can you try the last version from https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95
i will make an official soonish.

loud_colour

Post by loud_colour » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Yeah you're the man, thx :) thank you so much. I donate as soon as I can for your great work

mots

Post by mots » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 pm

hi guys and girls,

small update : i have fixed some minor issues in launchpad95 and also updated it for that beta 9.2b1 !

make sure to get the last version if you experience weird behaviours.

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

cheers

mots

Post by mots » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:13 am

Hello,

i had the idea for a long time to save the scale for the step sequencers and instrument sequencers.
and i think i found the way ! as live does not offer any way to save anything, the information is appended to the clip name, but that work quite nice.
if you want to use this feature, get the last version from http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/ and have a look inside the Settings.py file and modify the settings to your liking and restart live.

also, if you have some strange issues with L95, make sure to update to the last version, i have been fixing quite a bunch of minor bugs recently.

as always, comment and suggestions are welcome.

cheers !

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:37 pm

interesting and could be really helpful!

i tried it but it only made the clip say this..

^0,3,3,a

i changed both to say "clip" in the settings

mots

Post by mots » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 pm

dave dominey wrote:interesting and could be really helpful!

i tried it but it only made the clip say this..

^0,3,3,a

i changed both to say "clip" in the settings
yes. this is the scale settings being saved in the clip name. ^rootnote,mode,octave,scale mode.