iConnectMIDI2+ with iPad only

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Korhan

iConnectMIDI2+ with iPad only

Post by Korhan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the iConnectMIDI2+ works with only an iPad connected? I know that it needs to be powered using an external power supply in this case. I want to know if I can use the unit as a MIDI interface for the iPad in a computerless setup.

Thanks.
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

Josh_iConnectivity

Re: iConnectMIDI2+ with iPad only

Post by Josh_iConnectivity » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Yes, you can use the iConnectMIDI2+ with just an iOS device connected and apps that support core MIDI and core audio hardware. Wish you the best!

If you needs troubleshooting assistance, feel free to create forum or support ticket:
Support: http://www.iconnectivity.com/support
Forum: http://www.iconnectivity.com/forum
Last edited by Josh_iConnectivity on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi Josh,

Great to see someone here from the company responding to questions. Thank you! I shall buy one in the next few days. I hope I can also find a 30-pin cable as I believe it comes only with a Lightning cable? or does it come with both.
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

Cowlash

Post by Cowlash » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:04 am

I would check to see if your configuration works with it before buying.

I've had nothing but grief setting mine up on Windows 7 x64 and ios 8. I gave up in the end. Waste of money.

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:51 pm

@Korhan you need the non lightning edition which is the standard one most place sell online. The lightning edition normally has L+ in the name but check as i ordered one from Thomann and it came with the 30pin cable.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Cowlash wrote:I would check to see if your configuration works with it before buying.

I've had nothing but grief setting mine up on Windows 7 x64 and ios 8. I gave up in the end. Waste of money.
That may be your experience but I've been touring non stop for over a year with mine and it is rock solid. Invaluable piece of kit in our setup.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Cowlash

Post by Cowlash » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:40 am

sparklepuff wrote:
Cowlash wrote:I would check to see if your configuration works with it before buying.

That may be your experience but I've been touring non stop for over a year with mine and it is rock solid. Invaluable piece of kit in our setup.
You've had ios8 for over a year?

Like I said, my configuration is problematic at best.

It doesnt help that you have to use ASIO4ALL with it either. It's garbage.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:50 am

Cowlash wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:

You've had ios8 for over a year?

Like I said, my configuration is problematic at best.

It doesnt help that you have to use ASIO4ALL with it either. It's garbage.
No, I've had the iConnectMIDI2+ for over a year. Two of them, along with two iConnectMIDI4+. As you said, check the setup, he's using a MacBook, you're using windows. The units aren't garbage, your experience may be with your setup, I'm not arguing that fact. Just that they aren't garbage. Might be garbage with a Windows setup.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

whatisvalis

Post by whatisvalis » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:53 am

It's a great bit of kit, I've used mine with no major issues on Windows 7 / 8 and 10.10 (there was one issue with 8 where I couldn't write my settings to firmware, so had to load my profile each power cycle).

It ties my iPad, Computer, and Modular together. Make sure it comes with the correct cable.

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:29 am

It's not as robust as i'd like with asio4all but it does work. There's a bunch of tutorial vids by MusicInclusive on YT that are worth watching on getting set up and the audio routing settings can be tweaked to improve performance. But there seems to be a bunch of people who can't get it to work no matter what, i thought there was a chance i'd have problems so i got mine from Thomann in case i needed to return it.

My 2c, make sure you can return if it doesn't work cause it is a great bit of kit.

Josh_iConnectivity

Post by Josh_iConnectivity » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:25 am

There are two version:

30-pin and Lightning - depending on the cable you wish to use. Although, the 30-pins will eventually no longer be available in the future as Apple drops support.

Luckily, you can buy whichever cable you wish on our site:
http://www.iconnectivity.com/products/accessories

If anyone else needs deeper troubleshooting assistance, feel free to create forum or support ticket:
Support: http://www.iconnectivity.com/support
Forum: http://www.iconnectivity.com/forum

We can assist better there.

Cheers,
-JS