New Korg Electribe

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Because789

Re: New Korg Electribe

Post by Because789 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Tarekith wrote:Keep in mind I wasn't using an interface, direct usb to the electribe.
I'm syncing directly via USB as well. I guess I get latency in the audio signal path you don't get.
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

Sional

Post by Sional » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Tarekith wrote: Just posted my video review of the electribe for those interested in learning more about it:

http://youtu.be/KF9DK2eQOdw
I would be interested to know how you compare the electribe to your elektrons. Not a feature by feature comparison (can read manuals for that) but would like to know which device you would reach for first to make some music?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Well, I sold the elektrons two years ago, so....

:)

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Elektron gear looks a bit of a steep learning curve…mind you so was ableton haha!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Yes and no. The MD is easy to grok, the OT can be really confusing for some people. The others fit somewhere in the middle I find.

I think the biggest difference is that other than the Monomachine, the Elektron boxes tend to be a little more performance friendly than the new Electribe is so far.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Tarekith wrote: I think the biggest difference is that other than the Monomachine, the Elektron boxes tend to be a little more performance friendly than the new Electribe is so far.
How so?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:30 pm

The A4 has macros you can assign, as does the MD, so you only need to stay on one screen most of the time. The OT has scenes and the xfader to change multiple parameters at once. Almost all the Elektrons let you instantly reload your kit with a button combo.

They just tend to include a functions for the live performer, they know people use their gear on stage a lot.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:03 am

Tarekith wrote:The A4 has macros you can assign, as does the MD, so you only need to stay on one screen most of the time. The OT has scenes and the xfader to change multiple parameters at once. Almost all the Elektrons let you instantly reload your kit with a button combo.

They just tend to include a functions for the live performer, they know people use their gear on stage a lot.
Yes that's usefull. Thanks for the info 8)

rosti

Post by rosti » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:35 pm

No info from the Electribe Sampler in NAMM and it should be shipping in 6 weeks.. Kabushiki-gaisha Korugu i am dissapoint!

I just want to know if you can properly edit samples straight from the screen. If so i will preorder one asap.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:01 pm

rosti wrote:No info from the Electribe Sampler in NAMM and it should be shipping in 6 weeks.. Kabushiki-gaisha Korugu i am dissapoint!

I just want to know if you can properly edit samples straight from the screen. If so i will preorder one asap.
I want to know if it can sample from its audio inputs. Fixed length recording and loop after record stop would be BIG advantages too!

rosti

Post by rosti » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:22 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
rosti wrote:No info from the Electribe Sampler in NAMM and it should be shipping in 6 weeks.. Kabushiki-gaisha Korugu i am dissapoint!

I want to know if it can sample from its audio inputs. Fixed length recording and loop after record stop would be BIG advantages too!
Older models could sample from audio in so i think the new one can also. Only reason i didn't buy one is that editing your samples without any waveform display is a real pain in the ass. Like if you trying to get the endpoint of a sample righ, you have to listen to your sample over and over again.. Really frustrating with longer samples. If its the same with the "Electribe 2" i'm going to save my money for an Octatrack. Those new Electribes are just so small and sexy. And the fact that they run on battery power got me even more excited.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:28 pm

rosti wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:

Older models could sample from audio in so i think the new one can also. Only reason i didn't buy one is that editing your samples without any waveform display is a real pain in the ass. Like if you trying to get the endpoint of a sample righ, you have to listen to your sample over and over again.. Really frustrating with longer samples. If its the same with the "Electribe 2" i'm going to save my money for an Octatrack. Those new Electribes are just so small and sexy. And the fact that they run on battery power got me even more excited.
Good point about the waveform.
I guess I'm looking more at a general layering (looper) workflow.

So for me it is more important that the transition from recording to playback/looping is smooth and at a "musical" loop length.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Battery power rules.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:31 pm

got mine today, after a 3 shop odyssey...

but, wooohoo it's finally here.

someone knows if it is possible to have different legnths for every part? and how to do it?

Quez

Post by Quez » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 am

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but...

I'm still having pattern switch gap issues. It doesn't happen at all when I switch between factory patterns. But If I make one, even if, let say, pattern 1 & pattern 2 are the same (exact copies of each other), I still get an audio gap. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong but I have no idea what it could be. x_x Anyone else has this issue ? (I'm on firmware 2.02)