NAMM 2015. Anything exciting?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Re: NAMM 2015. Anything exciting?

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Here's a too large pic of the front of it, you can see the LEDs that tell you which bank you're in.
Mostly writing with these things in even the software version I start with 16, and add more as the progression demands, so knowing which knob does what comes naturally.

A side note, great product if it works well for sure! but from the "pro" tag to the "your experience your sound" blurb on the box itself, the whole thing is attempting to appeal to the elusive douche market... Arturia are lost at sea marketing wise...

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:21 am

What interest me the most is that we are now going to be able to use a powerful setup with easier mobility for a lower price, such as the SQ1/Beatstep Pro with the Odyssey and MS20m/desktop/Volcas.

Can't get the Vermona DRM1 Mk3 out of my head though :)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:01 am

crystalmsc wrote:What interest me the most is that we are now going to be able to use a powerful setup with easier mobility for a lower price, such as the SQ1/Beatstep Pro with the Odyssey and MS20m/desktop/Volcas.

Can't get the Vermona DRM1 Mk3 out of my head though :)
Vermont stuff sounds great, I think about the Metasonix drum machine at times.
yeah, I'm not at all anti computer, but a purely analog set using a Beatstep to 'remix' your sequences on the fly sounds like fun.
Someone mentioned that all this was strange for it's limitations, but limitations are a way to start a project, give it parameters to grow in etc.
Plus total tactile control, the filter is not assigned to a knob with an LED saying it is a filter, for now....

One thing that could happen, and I wouldn't mind, is people eventually do the same thing in 5 years that they did in the 90's and abandon analog entirely again.
This would mean a flood of cheap analog stuff on the market. :)

Seriously in the 90's you could pick up an Arp 2600 for $300... 8O