printing FX to audio? all inside Live?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
samtastic

printing FX to audio? all inside Live?

Post by samtastic » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:39 am

heya:)

jst a quick question, is it possible to print FX to audio and then bounce this, keeping it all inside Live?

i was sure that when i first upgraded from Live 8 to Live 9, this was a feature I was pretty excited about. but i cannot find it now... it might be that i don't know the name of the term, so i can't find it...

i could have sworn it was a right-click option... kinda like consolidating audio, except that FX and EQ (and whatever other processing is in the track), is printed to the audio?

I know it can be done via bouncing or resampling, but i thought there was now some neat way to print things directly to the audio...

shout out if you know what i mean (and it does exist)

cheers:)

Pitch Black

Re: printing FX to audio? all inside Live?

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:02 am

Freeze, then Flatten? (Both right-click options)
Alternatively, Freeze a track then option-drag any frozen clip to another audio track, where it will appear as a "standard" audio clip, whilst keeping the frozen track in place.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:17 am

From your post it is not quite clear what you want to do.

You can print the return effects separately in Export Audio, is that what you were thinking of?

samtastic

Post by samtastic » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:21 am

i think Freeze & then Flatten is what i want.

i know you can print the processing when you bounce the audio, but i dont want to do that. i want to keep it all inside the program... not bouncing audio, importing audio.... jst keep it all inside Live.

not got Live in front of me right now, but i reckon Freeze/Flatten is what i'm thinking of:)