MIDI controller like Push without the pads?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
feytus

MIDI controller like Push without the pads?

Post by feytus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:40 pm

I had a Push once, and liked it a lot, but borrwed it to a friend in need who ended up buying it from me. I didn't really need the pads on it, but I really liked the top screen and how you could navigate between the various tracks and devices on tracks with that (and use the knobs to change parameters and such) - so ... are there MIDI-controllers out there that will let you navigate between Live's tracks and let you edit parameters of devices (with the names on a screen, like on Push), without the pads?

I've been thinking of the Novation Zero controllers, but haven't really understood if the screen on those will follow the currently selected track in Live, or if it will let you skip between tracks.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

login

Re: MIDI controller like Push without the pads?

Post by login » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:55 pm

The easiest way to do this si with Lemur on iPad.

Using the Push emulator (Shove) just get rid of the pads and make the display bigger.

electrofux2007

Post by electrofux2007 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:05 pm

login wrote:The easiest way to do this si with Lemur on iPad.

Using the Push emulator (Shove) just get rid of the pads and make the display bigger.
Yeah, i use Shove, Launchpad and an old Doepfer Pocket Control.

feytus

Post by feytus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for your replies, I really appreciate it. :) I've come to the conclusion that getting a Push would be the best solution. Such a great tool when you're using Live anyway. :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 pm

feytus wrote:Hey guys! Thanks a lot for your replies, I really appreciate it. :) I've come to the conclusion that getting a Push would be the best solution. Such a great tool when you're using Live anyway. :)
It's ok, but a little neglected