Is anyone using Molekular???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SuburbanThug

Is anyone using Molekular???

Post by SuburbanThug » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Anybody? It looks like it's capable of some badassery. I'm wondering if I should buy it or just buy Reaktor and start learning how to use it. Could somebody recommend some other next level effects?

jbw

Re: Is anyone using Molekular???

Post by jbw » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:26 am

Just started using the demo of this today. Really like the simplicity of the controls, along with the number of different effect modules it comes with. Those two things together provide it with a ton of depth and yet it still maintains an ease of use.

For the record, it runs in the Reaktor player, so you don't need to buy the full version of Reaktor to use Molekular.

Also, you need to pay separate for Molekular. In other words, it doesn't come included with Reaktor, though I think if you buy one of the larger NI bundles you do get Molekular included.

Old thread bump FTW! I just remember seeing this thread. Thought I'd respond. :)

Liam

Post by Liam » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Molekular is capable of totally transforming any audio input whether in real time live or from an audio file. You could take a file and transform it into some completely new version.

Great for extreme experimental or subtle changes.

Expensive alone but I think its now included in Komplete 10?

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:24 pm

It's only included in the "Ultimate" version of Komplete 10, unfortunately.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

mikebcanada

Post by mikebcanada » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:45 pm

I've had Molecular for a while now and can't figure how to actually play it through ableton. I add loops and make sounds but how do i sinc it to my project and play through the keyboard?

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:33 am

Pitch quantization is my favorite feature.

You can achieve some cool things using the Molekular concept with just about any combination of plug-ins and a M4L LFO!

Im hooked

@mikebcanada In Ableton i use ReaktorFX on an audio channel. To use your keyboard I'd think you need to put a some soft synth before Molekular.

Liam

Post by Liam » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Its also good for loading back your previous recorded waves (just load a wave file and play into Reaktor / Molekular) you can load wave files directly into Molekular too.

neutron

Post by neutron » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I love Molekular. I would consider it my secret weapon. I can find a use for it on just about every track I make. The things you can do with it are absolutely amazing. It's $150 but you can do things with it that no other effects package can accomplish. I highly recommend it.