3rd p vst preset browsing, programming for dummys, where?

Discuss Push with other users.
lovelight

3rd p vst preset browsing, programming for dummys, where?

Post by lovelight » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:46 pm

im completly a newcomer, my push is 2 weeks old, and ive bought alot of vst presets racks, learned how to made my own,post 3 vst with all the presets and midi mapping, here, just to see thats history doing so, the problem with that is, first it takes forever making them manually, and yes i know there is programs who can do all the naming and clicking for you, but i really dont understand this python and skilux and ubermab or whatever they are called.and many of my freind who use m4l stuffs are getting chraches, what i defently dont want, second however nice it is to scroll your preset racks on push, it reload the hole vst, not so nice, ok, if your computer is like superman.
Now i followed alot of treads about this problem, and you all are very clever doing this programming or the m4l Things. but if you dont understand anything about this,you are new to Push,and you want an easy way? for dummys...
thanks, by the way im not like someone getting P......., if you post something else or what ever, like some here in the Groups. please post alot and make it easy for peoble like me to use my 3,rd party vst on Push..)
kind regards and thanks for all the help and usefulls post, also other posts.

nori.lam

Re: 3rd p vst preset browsing, programming for dummys, where?

Post by nori.lam » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Edit - Turn a new leaf.

Sorry for my last comment. No appropriate on your thread :oops:

I applaud you for wanting to learn something new!

If you like to take a 'course' type structure then you should try https://www.coursera.org/course/pythonlearn
I believe they just started and you could see if they have spots left.

the nice thing about coursera is that there are teachers that give lectures, forums to ask fellow students and then assignments (with a bit of pressure to get your weekly tasks done).
Last edited by nori.lam on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:49 pm

sorry dont understand this...and thank you so much for the help:)

nori.lam

Post by nori.lam » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:58 pm

lovelight wrote:Thanks Nori.lam
no worries.

Ive taken a few courses at Coursera and they are generally quite good. the only thing is finding the time to keep up with the homework.

good luck!

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:00 pm

:)thanks Again, was hoping not to learn programming, but ill give it a go :) good link :)

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:43 am

after moaning for a while over the lack of 3,rd part vst browsing,and start learn how to program, i forgot about enjoying the workflow with Push, vhen jo are jamming ahead, and suddenly there is a song..and now its a new opening for me, honestly how
many synths do i need? i can tweak a synth so easy with push, so i can ´make a Whole World of sounds, enough anyway, then i just got those preset racks from audiomodder, alot more than enough... and just explore what this Push beauty can do, so its fun to make music, and there is new stuff for me everyday. im done complaining about Push, i was to quickly impatient... sure there can be done some stuff with Push, and im sure it will come, for now its music, and learning the maschine Push with PLEASURE ....

login

Post by login » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:16 pm

A single m4l device doesnt produce crashes, specially the very simple ones used for sending MIDI program change messages, Did you try it or are just asuming? If you didn't then just try to do it and see for your self if it really gets unstable.

Of course there are complex M4L instruments and effects that use too much CPU and can make live unstable, but the little ones are totally usable usable.

And MIDI program change is waaaaaay faster than loading presets.

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Id tried this Dial To Program Change, did exactly what the guy in video did, and i really couldent get this to work no matter what... Live 9, max 6 and sylenth1 exactly the same set up as in the video. The Dial to prgram change just before the vst, grouped. And absolutly nothing happening with the presets, when turn the wheel or presses the two buttons, but im a totally ( nuthead ) new with this

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 am

Lovelights, place this Max4Live device in front of the VST http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... rd-control

You can now browse through banks and presets within each bank very quickly. This is probably the quickest way with Push. Just to be clear, when you've loaded the device (Keyboard Control 2 in this case), dial Bank to 0 and Program to 1, so we know you're at least within a bank with presets, and not a blank bank.

Program will switch between presets instantly, and Bank will switch between banks IF there is more than 1 bank.

Now, some synths need their presets to be copied to their "MIDI Programs" folder - like everything from u-he (Zebra, Bazille etc). Once you've copied the presets you want into this folder, you need to restart Live in order for it to be controlled via devices like Keyboard Control linked above.

You said you're using Sylenth. This synth does not require you to copy presets to a MIDI Program folder - it should work straight away.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:35 am

Thanks so much for the help, ill try and let you know??

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:32 am

wow it Works instantly with sylenth, no programming or anthing dufficult... thank you so much, it Works perfectly with push, im really happy....

id then tried with my favorit synth nr 1, Rob Papens,Albino 3. that dont Work,it Works somehow if i choose a albino bank, but there are so many sub banks, in albino, and and im sure its about, what you said : i need to copi the presets to the
" Midi Prgrams folder"
what is that this folder, and where, sorry but im a beginner:)

ill edit the post a bit now
im starting to get a grip now and its so good, im really happy about your help this Little max program its beutyfull, to make your own vst setup with..
the midi program folder is still a something to find out... but im very pleased....)

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 am

After very briefly looking on Google (I'm at work and a bit busier than usual today) - it seems that Albino 3, and most of Rob Papen's synths, should work just like Sylenth, no MIDI Program folder preset-copying required.

Banks are essentially folders. Here is a made-up example:
  • PRESETS (Main preset folder) >
    .....BASS> Bass001
    .......... Bass002
    .......... Sub_Bass001
    .....LEADS> DetuneLead001
    ........... Screecher001
    .....PADS> Floaty001
    .......... Pad001
    .....PERCUSSION> ACOUSTIC> acouKit001
    ................ELECTRONIC> electrokit001

Banks in this case would be the folders within PRESETS - BASS; LEADS; PADS. The presets wold be Bass001, Bass002 etc.

Now the last folder within presets in this example, PERCUSSION, has two subfolders - ACOUSTIC and ELECTRONIC> They would be considered sub-banks in this case, with the presets within those.

So, it all depends on the folder structure of the synth you're using.

Not sure why Albino 3 is not switching presets correctly for you, I've never used Rob Papen synths.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Thankyou for your time to help me, im starting to get there, because of your time to help.

ill look straight at it, ohh rob papens..sorry Linplugs albino ( very old now ) is really good, but its a matter of taste.

thanks Again :)