LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by S4racen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 am

9.2b1 Release Notes

Improvements and feature changes:

Added the Tuner Device to the Live audio effects.
Added a "Start Transport with Tap Tempo" preference to determine if Tap Tempo is going to activate playback.
Improved tempo detection for warped audio files where the tempo appears to be constant.
Improved the sound of Complex and Complex Pro Warp modes.
Added the option "Warp Selection as x-Bar Loop" in the context menu when right clicking on a time selection inside an audio clip.
Live Sets that contain Max for Live devices or third-party plug-ins now have lower latency.
Automation and Modulation are now fully latency compensated.
Modifying the Arrangement loop brace with mouse or keys will not affect the current track selection, while previously all tracks were selected as soon as the braces where adjusted with the mouse.
Dropped compatibility for Windows XP and Vista, OS X 10.5 and 10.6.
Bugfixes:

When switching between Note and Scene mode with the APC20, the Pad LEDs would occasionally not update correctly.
The Session Ring would not be entirely displayed on screen anymore when navigating through tracks if the Live Set contained folded Group tracks.
Fixed a bug in the Axiom Air 25, 49 and 61 Control Surface remote script, where the Send mix mode controlled the available Sends for the currently selected channel, instead of controlling Send A for the first 8 channels.
Fixed a bug in the MPK Control Surface remote script, where the Record Arm button had to be pressed twice to be toggled, and Exclusive Arm would not work.
Fixed a bug in the Vestax VCM600 Control Surface remote script, where the Punch In and Punch Out controls would work only as momentary toggles.
Fixed a bug which caused artefacts in the waveform visualisation when increasing the Gain on low amplitude audio clips.
Live would not display bluetooth audio devices in the Input and Output device menu under Preferences-->Audio
When controlling a number of mixer or device parameters via Aftertouch, crackles could be noticed in the audio stream.
The Live browser "All Results" label would not remember the settings for the optional second column.
Fixed a rare crash which might happen on OS X with certain input sources.
Fixed a crash which might occur when deleting several Max for Live devices from a Live Set at once.
Live would crash when quitting the application while renaming a Groove in the Groove Pool.
Changes for Push:

Added 64 Pad Drum Rack mode for Push. The Note button now toggles between the Drum Rack three section layout and the 64 Pad Mode.
Improved Aftertouch response and added an Aftertouch Threshold setting in the Push User Preferences
Added Modwheel functionality for the Push Ribbon Controller. Tapping the Ribbon Controller while holding "Select" toggles between Pitch Bend and Modwheel function.
Holding "Delete" and tapping an encoder on Push resets the respective parameter to the default setting.
Holding "Shift" while turning an encoder on Push changes the respective parameter with finer resolution.
Improved buttons readability on Push. The Repeat and Metronome buttons now blink if active.
When recording using Repeat on Push, the MIDI notes would be recorded with a negative offset with respect to the grid if the option “Reduced Latency when Monitoring” was on. This caused the very first note in the Clip not to be played back at all.
Using "Shift" + "Add Effect" or "Add Track" while in Scales mode would cause the display to show the Note Layout options even after releasing the Shift button.
When selecting a Drum Rack Pad set to Multisample mode with Push, pressing “Device In” with Push would automatically select the first device in the Chain list, and it would not be possible to go back to the enclosing Instrument Rack device.

h4nc0

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by h4nc0 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:43 am

Automation and Modulation are now fully latency compensated.

wow. can't test now but excited. :D

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 am

I'm sure the latency compensation will please a few people.

I'm a bit disappointed that you still don't have full access to Lives browser (3rd party plugins, templates, groups, etc etc) from Push.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:17 am

Not impressed with the Push update.
It's clear that we see the first results from Stray working for Ableton. But these updates are just the barebones things he mostly gave out for free with his several add on scripts (Push mods and clyphx).

I hope they don't plan for this to be it!

They didn't use the term PDC, but it sounds like that's what they are talking about, full PDC. Or is something else missing?! If so, let me say it: Finally!!! 8)

A few people are gonna be unhappy with the dropped compatibility with OSX 10.6. Snow Leopard was a damn fine OS in its stability.
Though Mavericks works pretty nicely on my current machine as well.

Lol at the tuner device. I guess the squeaking wheel gets the oil :lol:

ash1

Post by ash1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 am

these are nice minor updates but i find it very strange they would have to employ stray just for this surely they have the know how to implement these changes themselves no disrespect to stray having him onboard is a very wise move what took them so long lol

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:42 am

ash1 wrote:these are nice minor updates but i find it very strange they would have to employ stray just for this surely they have the know how to implement these changes themselves no disrespect to stray having him onboard is a very wise move what took them so long lol
exactly! But it's very obvious as these are precisely his solutions which he gave out for free before (except the mod wheel that was part of PXT).
They still don't even include our community mapping, even though we offered for them to include it without even asking and implementing it would be trivial :x

moscom_musik

Post by moscom_musik » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:46 am

Well, whoever they hired, these additions to the default working of Push are nice. No script to install anymore (except maybe for the seapunk skin)... Next step, the removal of the 128-parameter limit, and a possibility to assign these parameters to Push accompanied by a capability to rename them, and I will be really really happy!

As for the rest, always happy to see the Abes moving forward. Version 9 seems to evolve at a regular pace. Also, although I am not a guitarist, the tuner can be useful with synthesizers :)
Macbook Pro Retina 2015, Live 9 Suite, Push, and a bunch of plug-ins I like :)

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:08 am

some good news here !
Very happy for the tuner !
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:33 am

Excellent! I knew they must have been working on much more than was reflected in the previous betas

Very happy - modwheel!

kirillov

Post by kirillov » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 am

looks good,
nice if PDC will finally really work!
I guess they hold back some bigger changes for version 10.
still really waiting for the following push improvements:
loading and saving a song with push
browsing and loading audio material into clipslots
moving clips
---

mai

Post by mai » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:01 pm

I'm a bit disappointed. I've expected much more essential features of Push. They needed so long just to implement a few minor things? Push still doesn't feel like a "mouse-free-solution". No copy of clips to other locations, not a real access to the browser, no saving/loading sets, no loading samples into Simpler/Sampler, no audio clip editing, ....

And: Dropped compatibility for Windows XP and Vista, OS X 10.5 and 10.6.

Hmm

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 pm

This is a very big point release and step in the right direction. Phew! 8) :arrow: Not updating until I know it's stable and works 100% with pxt/plus though.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:51 pm

moscom_musik wrote:Next step, the removal of the 128-parameter limit, and a possibility to assign these parameters to Push accompanied by a capability to rename them, and I will be really really happy!

As for the rest, always happy to see the Abes moving forward.
The naming of banks and parameters is also my main desire now - I wouldn't moan about anything once that's in there. Some VSTs work very very well with Push, if mapped sensibly.

Happy to see updates finally.
a bit disappointed. I've expected much more essential features of Push. They needed so long just to implement a few minor things? Push still doesn't feel like a "mouse-free-solution". No copy of clips to other locations, not a real access to the browser, no saving/loading sets, no loading samples into Simpler/Sampler, no audio clip editing, ...
I really expect these in the future now.

I don't see modwheel as a minor update though - it's a vital part of synth performance for many.

PDC fixed - people have been clamouring for this for years - it is a big deal (though you did mention Push features)
The rest of the Push additions are all updates many people including myself have been asking for. The resetting of parameters from Push is very welcome, for example.

I agree that it took a damn long time, and I became very frustrated by the lack of communication from Ableton, but at least things are rolling again.

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:00 pm

I think it's a pretty good update compared to the last few which were mainly bug fixes. Like other Push users I'd like to see more there particularly with regards to browsing/vsts etc but still I'm very happy to see some of these changes, can't wait to try it out.

Looking forward to hearing how the PDC is working out

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:14 pm

TomViolenz wrote:They still don't even include our community mapping, even though we offered for them to include it without even asking and implementing it would be trivial :x
That does seem a bit stubborn, yes. It is far superior to the default Live devices mapping.

Oh well, at least it's working, even though not official.