LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tom_d

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by tom_d » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

GravityFlow wrote:
Hopefully Ubermap is still working too
I hope so, too :)
I suspect this may cause some issues, as they'll have changed parts of the Push code, and Ubermap just replaces a couple of the files rather than patching them, so it would lose any code added since 9.1.7. Feel free to give it a go, I will take a look at it as soon as I get a chance but that might not be until this weekend.
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Maybe PDC is NOT completely fixed? Someone on KVR posted that they emailed Ableton and got back this:

"Hello there, please note that while automation is now fully compensated, devices which sync to the Transport (Auto Filter, Auto Pan, Beat Repeat) are not, thus these modulations will be off if the device is at a point in the chain after a device introducing latency."

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=30

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 pm

jbone1313 wrote:Maybe PDC is NOT completely fixed? Someone on KVR posted that they emailed Ableton and got back this:

"Hello there, please note that while automation is now fully compensated, devices which sync to the Transport (Auto Filter, Auto Pan, Beat Repeat) are not, thus these modulations will be off if the device is at a point in the chain after a device introducing latency."

So you still need to use the Group trick for these in those situations. I've been syncing with envelop follower. Must test with that.
Make some music!

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:42 pm

What's the "group trick?"

GridLights

Post by GridLights » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by GridLights on Thu May 28, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 pm

fistikuffs wrote:
tedlogan wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:They still don't even include our community mapping, even though we offered for them to include it without even asking and implementing it would be trivial :x
That does seem a bit stubborn, yes. It is far superior to the default Live devices mapping.

Oh well, at least it's working, even though not official.
Have you tested it with the new beta Ted? Hopefully Ubermap is still working too
The community mapping is still working, but you have to reinstall it, which takes at least 3 seconds.
Original thread for the mapping:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=198946&start=0

I don't use Ubermap anymore (wish I could as it's great), so cannot speak for that. tom_d did say earlier in this thread he'd update accordingly.
Here's the Ubermap thread for anyone interested:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=201849

9.2b1 so far:

Loving the fluidity of switching from Pitch to Modwheel. I don't think it's sunk in yet that my biggest gripe with Push has been addressed. Switching between different tracks with different instruments offer seamless modwheel control, something which would sometimes behave oddly with third-party devices.
Resetting and fine-tuning of parameters sounds minor, but it's a great addition for workflow.
The 64-pad drumrack was not something I cared for until I loaded my ludicrously large 128-cell multisample uber-Drumrack. I like it.
The Tuner sure beats my PodHD's tuner in the looks department. Very stylish and I would find it very useful on occasion. If the histogram of the pitch tracker could modulate other parameters, as suggested by Angstrom...man that would be truly amazing.

All I really want now still is renaming of VST banks and parameters. There is nothing more I desire.
Last edited by tedlogan on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:51 pm

tedlogan wrote:
The community mapping is still working, but you have to reinstall it, which takes at least 3 seconds.
Thanks man, I knew you'd beat me to it. Only having a quick look now. The tuner is a really small addition, but for me it's huge, looks very nice too.

Ubermap doesn't look like it's working but I'll have a go at re-installing it and see how it goes.

golemus

Post by golemus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Full plugin delay compensation \o/ !!!

I am looking forward to it :)

Although there must become one feature more: "legacy mode plugin delay compensation"

I mean if I open and old project with live 9.2 and it does full automation delay compensation, then automation will be out of sync because I have had to do manual delay compensation. And it would be a huge workload to adjust all automation curves in able to hear the old project in the way it is supposed to. So engaging legacy mode would make it to work as Live 9.1 (or previous) and disengaging make it to work in the new system.

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:20 pm

golemus wrote:
Although there must become one feature more: "legacy mode plugin delay compensation"
that would be nice, but i have a feeling the solution is going to be 'keep a 9.1.7 install around for a while'... the changes seem to be pretty deep, and undoing them with a config parameter might be tricky...

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:54 pm

jbone1313 wrote:What's the "group trick?"
Basically grouping the one track and if possible moving the plug-ins with compensated delay to the group buss. So on the instrument track you'd have just MIDI and instrument and then the audio signal would go to the group buss for further processing. Or split processing some other way that minimizes PDC issues.

I use this sometimes for side-chaining or in other ways processing frozen tracks, but it's equally useful for PDC issues. You could also just send the audio to an adjacent audio buss track. That would give you the possibility to make the buss use dummy clips, i e clips with automation. Which would give you another PDC headache, but a little bit different hopefully.

I haven't actually tested. but it's possible that group busses are more forgiving than audio buss tracks, so I suggest you try both variants if you want to avoid a specific issue you are having.
Make some music!

esotericmetal

Post by esotericmetal » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Can someone post a screenshot of the tuner? Just curious. In the middle of some projects so not going to be updating for a while.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the other thread someone started.

[art]

Post by [art] » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:09 pm

epic. thx abes :)

RDiiO

Post by RDiiO » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Not impressed with the Push update.
It's clear that we see the first results from Stray working for Ableton. But these updates are just the barebones things he mostly gave out for free with his several add on scripts (Push mods and clyphx).

I hope they don't plan for this to be it!

They didn't use the term PDC, but it sounds like that's what they are talking about, full PDC. Or is something else missing?! If so, let me say it: Finally!!! 8)

A few people are gonna be unhappy with the dropped compatibility with OSX 10.6. Snow Leopard was a damn fine OS in its stability.
Though Mavericks works pretty nicely on my current machine as well.

Lol at the tuner device. I guess the squeaking wheel gets the oil :lol:
+1

Jeffromusic

Post by Jeffromusic » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm surprised they didn't add Max 7 integration...

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:48 pm

would be cool if the battery 4 integration worked a bit better in this version.. looks nice with the 64 pads