Push Update , live 9.2, is that it? After 2 years?

Discuss Push with other users.
Lovelights

Push Update , live 9.2, is that it? After 2 years?

Post by Lovelights » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:29 pm

i love my push dont get me wrong, but i really was looking for some major update... Sorry, but there have been so many people making max stuff for push,programming ideas and midi mapping things, because they want some more from push, why couldent you clever able people implement some off this in push for people who dont wanna get involved with programming and max? This Update is not an update.
Last edited by Lovelights on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomViolenz

Re: Push Update , live 9.2, is that it? After 2 years?

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:33 pm

...or at least give us a decent Midi editor like the Controler editor for Maschine! Then we could take care of our special needs ourself with our 500€! controller! :x

ash1

Post by ash1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:56 pm

i think the update is pretty sweet and stray is now onboard so im sure this wont be the last of the updates :D

Fossiel

Post by Fossiel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Can we adjust the damn pad color schemes yet?

Without hacking the python shit or whatever it is called. I didnt buy a push to become a hacker.

RDiiO

Post by RDiiO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:52 am

after 2 years 9.2 gets PDC, a tuner and some other minor stuff and Push gets 64-pads....

Ableton's development is a joke I've seen better development from Stray's Native Kontrol guess that's why they hired him, I purchased Push on day one hoping the development would have advanced by now but after two years its been a disappointment, how does Push function better with Bitwig than Live 9.... IMO they could have kept the 64-pads (already had it with PXT-Live) and all the other minor add-ons minus PDC for 9.2 as well. They'll probably drag their feet for another 2 years before we see Live 10 or any major update.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 am

ableton live is brilliant, and the many updates fine, but the push update / firmware is really one big dissapointment, there are peoble running live intro, and so on. and spend alot of Money on Push controller, so after following this push discussion forum for a long while, i bought this Push my self, because sure the NeXT update would do, what all the home programming Guys have done for nearly 2 years. and then this! this is as said before not an update, the real update for push is all this max and programming stuff peoble maked at home for now 2 years.and im not in programming, and wanna get in to max. i just want push and Live working in harmony without any skills in max and programming.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm

I reckon we are about to see a flurry of updates for push over the coming months.
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:47 pm

spagbol wrote:I reckon we are about to see a flurry of updates for push over the coming months.
I dunno why, but the eternal optimist in me also has a feeling that this will be true.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Well, at the very least - hopefully these two opposing forces balance and meet in the middle - useful updates at a medium frequency. :D

We shall see. Either way, at present I'm very happy with my current overall setup.

RDiiO

Post by RDiiO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:36 pm

tedlogan wrote:
spagbol wrote:I reckon we are about to see a flurry of updates for push over the coming months.
I dunno why, but the eternal optimist in me also has a feeling that this will be true.
Judging by the last two years my expectations for the future development of Push are limited same goes for Live. While I'm not a fan of the Bigwig GUI it has introduced some features that are much needed in Live and you would think the relationship between Akai and Ableton for Push would have had some kind of benefit for development but it hasn't and these days I've used my MPC Renaissance over Push with Akai's new 1.8 update features like live slicing and chord progressions, not comparing the two but I can't understand why Ableton didn't expand on Push with the same type of features when some of the main focuses of Push is drum racks, step sequencing and the scales mode. They marketed Push as a revolutionary product but developed it further with mediocre updates, just hope they take advantage of what the product can be.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Well indeed, one of the things that drew me to Push was its apparent expandability, which I am hoping Ableton will now start to exploit. Seems silly that they wouldn't but then the world is a silly place. 8O
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:56 pm

RDiiO wrote:
tedlogan wrote:
Judging by the last two years my expectations for the future development of Push are limited same goes for Live. While I'm not a fan of the Bigwig GUI it has introduced some features that are much needed in Live and you would think the relationship between Akai and Ableton for Push would have had some kind of benefit for development but it hasn't and these days I've used my MPC Renaissance over Push with Akai's new 1.8 update features like live slicing and chord progressions, not comparing the two but I can't understand why Ableton didn't expand on Push with the same type of features when some of the main focuses of Push is drum racks, step sequencing and the scales mode. They marketed Push as a revolutionary product but developed it further with mediocre updates, just hope they take advantage of what the product can be.
I do hope so too.

I think Push overall is very good, and does mainly what I expected it to since launch. The core product is great.

-but-

They are certainly taking very long to roll in the updates. Significant ones, for me, the last two years:

Modwheel
Note step sequencer
Delete+shift - reset parameter
Shift+encoder - fine tuning

...two years for just that (and minor bugfixes), while there are so many good suggestions and wishlists out there. It is their baby, and they do not seem keen to give it enough nourishment to grow.

My recent optimism stems from the knowledge that Stray is now working with them, and that three updates I really wanted appeared shortly after his hiring, amongst them the modwheel.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:59 pm

I would tend to agree.