LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

Re: LIVE 9.2b1 Discuss....

Post by eyeknow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:05 am

TomViolenz wrote: They are the...

snip

...of the Live forums :mrgreen:
At least we aren't the retard you are ;)

Aamix

Post by Aamix » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 am

Curious to know, has anyone noticed any improvements with latency with third-party plugins?

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:56 am

petit nuage wrote:anyone have tried or could try to install it on xp/vista ?
it will be really nice to have these informations.

if i can install it and if it works i will upgrade to live 9 in the hour :D
so please share infos if you know and big thanks by advance
Ask Ableton support?

Or just download it and see?

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:28 am

Has anyone else noticed when clicking the loop start/punch in bar at the top of the arrangement view it no longer highlights the whole section you have looped, this is a bit shit as this is how I would duplicate whole parts, now I have to drag the cursor from the bottom all the way up then duplicate the part, seems strange...

Post by re:dream » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:31 am

Broomptish wrote:Has anyone else noticed when clicking the loop start/punch in bar at the top of the arrangement view it no longer highlights the whole section you have looped, this is a bit shit as this is how I would duplicate whole parts, now I have to drag the cursor from the bottom all the way up then duplicate the part, seems strange...
It is one of the things mentioned in the release notes.

I was worried about precisely the thing you mentioned.

At the moment I can use the loop brace in arrangement view to select audio and drag it over to session for Live sets a la Tom Cosm's workflow. It would be a hassle to lose that :(

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:54 am

eyeknow wrote:

snip

you forgot crackhead ;-)

tvoismo

Post by tvoismo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Where Can I download the Beta ? I can not find it ?

Edit: found it :)

Post by re:dream » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:21 pm

re:dream wrote:
Broomptish wrote:Has anyone else noticed when clicking the loop start/punch in bar at the top of the arrangement view it no longer highlights the whole section you have looped, this is a bit shit as this is how I would duplicate whole parts, now I have to drag the cursor from the bottom all the way up then duplicate the part, seems strange...

At the moment I can use the loop brace in arrangement view to select audio and drag it over to session for Live sets a la Tom Cosm's workflow. It would be a hassle to lose that :(
Hmmm interestingly it does NOT break the workflow. I can still define a section with the loop brace, and then click and drag & ALL the tracks in the loop brace are cut & copied over to session view. Excellent 8)

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:58 pm

@re:dream : i have send them a mail and yes i will try to test it if possible ...

edit: ive downloaded it and when i tried to install it i have that message : "The installation package cannot be installed by the Windows installer service. You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows installer service "

updating the installer could do the trick ?
any infos are welcome thanks .

i have updated my installer so installation has begun but just after a message indicates me that this program run only on windows 7/8 or higher.

so :(

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Ableton announced this week that support for Windows XP has been dropped. Not that much of a shock as Microsoft droped support for XP, 11 months ago. XP is over 14 years old a small percentage use it now.

Buleriachk

Upgrading from XP to Win7

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:44 pm

petit nuage wrote:@re:dream : i have send them a mail and yes i will try to test it if possible ...

edit: ive downloaded it and when i tried to install it i have that message : "The installation package cannot be installed by the Windows installer service. You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows installer service "

updating the installer could do the trick ?
any infos are welcome thanks .

i have updated my installer so installation has begun but just after a message indicates me that this program run only on windows 7/8 or higher.

so :(
Upgrade to Win7 (or Win 8) x64. My upgrade to Win 7 from XP was painful (I had to reinstall everything), but ultimately well worth it.

At this late date, I am beginning to realize the benefits of keeping all data on an external drive.
(replacing the DVD drive in my laptop with an SSD - the latter isn't faster in that context, but does use less power, and saves battery life.;)

That way I can backup data by simply copying files over (although I clone my data drive just to be safe).
It goes without saying that my system drives are cloned as well, but not as frequently.. (I use Macrium Reflect to do this - it works flawlessly..)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:52 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
eyeknow wrote:

snip

you forgot crackhead ;-)
No, just retard. And a hypocritical little troll with no purpose other than to constantly beg for attention. You will not be missed ;)

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:05 am

Hmmm interestingly it does NOT break the workflow. I can still define a section with the loop brace, and then click and drag & ALL the tracks in the loop brace are cut & copied over to session view. Excellent 8)
Cool doesnt seem to be working with me, I need to highlight everything then duplicate, clicking the loop brace doesnt highlight anything, only the selected track is highlighted, how do you do it exactly? cheers

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:13 pm

eyeknow wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
eyeknow wrote:
you forgot crackhead ;-)
No, just retard. And a hypocritical little troll with no purpose other than to constantly beg for attention. You will not be missed ;)
I love me some strong irony in the morning :mrgreen:

TheCoil

Post by TheCoil » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Since they added a feature where you can hover your pointer to see the amount of latency being introduced by a plugin, does this mean that PDC hasn't been fixed? Why would you need to see the amount of latency if it was being compensated for, shouldn't there be no latency now?