Fixed Lenght, record clip from start, not in the middle.

Discuss Push with other users.
Lovelights

Fixed Lenght, record clip from start, not in the middle.

Post by Lovelights » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:41 pm

I cant figure out how to record from start in a fixed Lenght, no matter how quick and good i am in metronome counting
im far from recording from start point : 1, instead somewhere else. there should be a kind of "Count in record lenght"
like in live itself !
ive seen this tread before, but no solution, is there any kind of trick for this. :?:

yur2die4

Re: Fixed Lenght, record clip from start, not in the middle.

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:34 am

Yes. Throw your Push against the bathroom mirror.

Dynamiks

Post by Dynamiks » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:14 am

Lovelights wrote:I cant figure out how to record from start in a fixed Lenght, no matter how quick and good i am in metronome counting
im far from recording from start point : 1, instead somewhere else. there should be a kind of "Count in record lenght"
like in live itself !
ive seen this tread before, but no solution, is there any kind of trick for this. :?:
Fixed length as in clip length in bars? Or fixed length for the notes that you input?
There is an adjustable count-in for recording. Upper left corner in Ableton Live right after time signature 4/4 you have two circles and to the right of them a little downward pointing arrow, press that.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:13 am

Fixed length is a button on the Push.

When you hit it, it will record a clip of a length which you predesignate. You simply tap the button while you're playing and it will take care of the rest.

The downside is that the clip which it makes has a completely random 'start point', so that the next time you trigger it, it will trigger the loop out of sync from what you've intended.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:24 pm

thanks Guys, yes its the random starting point, thats the problem and annoying...

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:51 pm

I've been complaining about this for more than a year. They've done nothing about it. Good luck
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Tue May 26, 2015 7:19 pm

I guess this is still an issue? Why won't they fix this??!!!??
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel