NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
SvenDer

Re: NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Post by SvenDer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Wait, are these scripts working for you guys in live 9.1.7??

I always used and created midi remote scripts in live 8, but i can't get anything to run correctly with this version anymore...

EarHax

Post by EarHax » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:36 pm

SvenDer wrote:Wait, are these scripts working for you guys in live 9.1.7??

I always used and created midi remote scripts in live 8, but i can't get anything to run correctly with this version anymore...
Yes, it does work. You first need to use the Korg editor (download from their website) to reassign the nanoKONTROL2 to run in MIDI CC mode, then remap the MIDI CCs as laid out in the first page of this thread. Then follow the instructions for installing the remote script, and setting your MIDI preferences in Live. It took me a while, but if you read through the whole thread, all the info on how to get it working is available.

SvenDer

Post by SvenDer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:04 am

EarHax wrote:

Yes, it does work. You first need to use the Korg editor (download from their website) to reassign the nanoKONTROL2 to run in MIDI CC mode, then remap the MIDI CCs as laid out in the first page of this thread. Then follow the instructions for installing the remote script, and setting your MIDI preferences in Live. It took me a while, but if you read through the whole thread, all the info on how to get it working is available.
Hi,
thanks for the tips. I did all the steps multiple times, it just doesn't seem to work... Too bad :(

Udo Behm

Post by Udo Behm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi there, I've got two questions concerning the script...

first of all I would like to know where I can change the maximum value of the faders that control the mixer volumes in Live. I would like to change the script in that way that the volume for each channel only goes up to a maximum of around 0 dB in Live. (However this cannot be done by Live's MIDI allocation table as this would limit the amount of usable channels, as far as I tested).

Secondly I want to change the faders and knobs behavior in the alt mode like this:

fader 1 - pitch (should have some "space" or buffer around value 64, so that it is easier to bring the fader back in its zero pitch position (e. g: fader should only react on values above 70 or under 58)
fader 2 - mod wheel (same as cc1??)
fader 3 - aftertouch
fader 4 - velocity
fader 5 - cc2 (breathe)
fader 6 - cc11 (expression)
fader 7 - cc64 (sustain)
fader 8 - cc7 volume

knob 1 - cc8 (balance)
knob 2 - cc10 (pan)
knob 3 - cc70 (sound variation)
knob 4 - cc71 (filter cutoff/harmonic)
knob 5 - cc72 (release time)
knob 6 - cc73 (attack time)
knob 7 - cc74 (brightness/resonance)
knob 8 - cc84 (portamento)

All of the above values should be editable and therefore be placed in an extra file in the script folder.

Would someone be willing and able programming these ideas in the original dynamiiic script and send it to me via private message?? That would be awesome! Unfortunately I've got no clue of how to program in Python language... it's a pity :( :(

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:27 pm

SvenDer wrote:
EarHax wrote:

Hi,
thanks for the tips. I did all the steps multiple times, it just doesn't seem to work... Too bad :(
Hi Sven!
What is exactly your problem?
Script folder doesn't show up in the list? Script doesn't load?

Ziyon

Post by Ziyon » Sun May 10, 2015 9:12 pm

THANK YOU!

xfechx

Post by xfechx » Wed May 27, 2015 9:32 am

Hi everyone,

I can't get to work this script in live 9.1.8 :( please help...

1. I have installed the script into the correct folder, also using channel 3 (as my APC already uses channel 1) - to do this, I've changed the constant CHANNEL = 2 (because channels are 0 - 15) in the consts.py

2. I have edited KORG KONTROL EDITOR and written on the nanokontrol 2, using the channel 3.

3. I have followed instructions for LIVE MIDI SYNC preferences. The script comes out in the list, but just doesn't work in live. I can only assign to mappings.

4. I would ultimately love to have PUSH and NanoKonrol sync, like mentioned in this thread a few pages ago.

Any help will be appreciated!

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 pm

xfechx wrote:Hi everyone,

Hi xfechx, post here your log.txt!

xfechx

Post by xfechx » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:43 am

dynamiiic wrote:

Definitely, where can I find the log.txt?

Thanks!!

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:48 pm

xfechx wrote:
dynamiiic wrote:

Definitely, where can I find the log.txt?

Thanks!!

Are you a mac user? If so, you can find at /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live yourversion/Log.txt

In windows I can't remember it, just google a bit and you'll find it

Eli Salzman

Post by Eli Salzman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Hey maybe this is old news already. Looks like a great script! I don't suppose anyone knows if this is supposed to work in 9.2? I followed the instruction exactly like 4 times (I'm a decent user, long-time midi guy, had the nanoKontrol for a while, edited it many times). The script never comes up in the control surfaces drop-down list. Quit Live, do it all over again, etc etc etc. Nothing. Any clues?

timkdj

Post by timkdj » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:17 pm

I own a Xone K2. Can I alter this script easy so that I can use it with that device.
All i need is the send up and down actually. Thanks!!

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:13 am

Hey,

does the NanoKontrol 2 respond to incoming CCs to switch the lights on and off ?

thanks
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:45 am

timkdj wrote:I own a Xone K2. Can I alter this script easy so that I can use it with that device.
All i need is the send up and down actually. Thanks!!
Hi Tim,

We've released a Control Surface Script for the K2 which gives the Red Box functionality, it can't be programmed by general convention due to the latching layers...

http://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/allen-heath-k1-k2/

Cheers
D

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Eli Salzman wrote:Hey maybe this is old news already. Looks like a great script! I don't suppose anyone knows if this is supposed to work in 9.2? I followed the instruction exactly like 4 times (I'm a decent user, long-time midi guy, had the nanoKontrol for a while, edited it many times). The script never comes up in the control surfaces drop-down list. Quit Live, do it all over again, etc etc etc. Nothing. Any clues?
Hey Eli, pls send me your log file /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live yourversion/Log.txt - Assuming you're on OSX