Warping Again Please Help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EDWARD_BOWA

Warping Again Please Help

Post by EDWARD_BOWA » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi) Please can somebody explain me:

For example i've warped a track, so it's only 1 marker there
And then i put second one , so there are 2 of them now

My question should I now right click the 2nd and warp from it ??? or it's already warped???

i am a little bit confused, cause some sources are telling that warping is only takes place between two markers, so i guess when i put additional marker i should wrap from it to the right again?

Garry Knight

Re: Warping Again Please Help

Post by Garry Knight » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:20 pm

Just putting warp markers in a clip doesn't warp it. Moving those warp markers in ways that give you the timing and the sound you want is what warping is about.

You might want to spend a few minutes watching one of these many tutorial videos.
Garry Knight

EDWARD_BOWA

Post by EDWARD_BOWA » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:27 pm

i know it

For example i've warped a track, so it's only 1 marker there (clicked wrap from here)
And then i put second one , so there are 2 of them now (but not at the end, just in some place, middle of the song for example)

My question should I now right click the 2nd and warp from it ??? ( to the end of the song) it's already warped???]( to the end of the song)

i am a little bit confused, cause some sources are telling that warping is only takes place between two markers (start and middle in my case]), so i guess when i put additional marker (2nd , the middle of the song) i should wrap from it to the right again( to the end?
Last edited by EDWARD_BOWA on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Garry Knight

Post by Garry Knight » Mon May 04, 2015 3:34 pm

What you should do depends on what you want to do. From what you're saying, I'm guessing that you just want the clip to be in time with the rest of your tracks. Is that so?
Garry Knight

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Each marker says "from this point forward, the original audio is xxx bpm". What influences that xxx amount is either if the marker ahead of it is moved closer or further in relation to it. The spots where markers are placed designate points in the piece on a bar-for-bar beat-for-beat standpoint.

If there are no markers after, then when you either adjust the tempo OF that last marker, or move the transients behind it forward or backward, you set that tempo amount.

Mariosprt

Post by Mariosprt » Tue May 05, 2015 5:26 pm

There is a guy called DJ Bolivia who has a YouTube channel packed with great tutorials. Many about Ableton and one in particular about warping. I can't recommend it enough.
Look it up, you can't miss it.