Recording Audio in session view

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrvinyl

Recording Audio in session view

Post by mrvinyl » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:37 pm

Ok so I'm recording audio in session view but having trouble recording more than 1 clip at a time.........

I want to record 2 different mics recording a cello. One is directed at the base of the cello capturing the bottom end and one is directed at the strings to capture the bow.
Problem is that when I want to record a take of lets say 16 bars, the process goes like this...

Hit record on transport bar
hit scene I want to trigger
quickly hit record on both mic channel 1 then mic channel 2

The problem is that I want to be able to do all this in one click! as whats happening with this process is that the recorded audio normally needs realigning on playback because I clicked the second one later than the first.

So in a nutshell how do I record 2 or more session clips simultaneously to capture audio

Vid here if I'm not making sense

View My Video

Pitch Black

Re: Recording Audio in session view

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:48 pm

The answer lies in Live's preferences:

In the Record/Warp/Launch tab, make sure Exclusive is OFF for Arm (so that you can record on multiple tracks at once), and at the bottom of the tab set Record on Scene Launch to ON.

Now, you can trigger a Scene in Live, and any armed tracks will go into record simultaneously when the Scene is triggered.

You might also want to check out the "Start Transport with Record" preference setting too (in the same tab).
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

mrvinyl

Re: Recording Audio in session view

Post by mrvinyl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:09 am

Pitch Black wrote:The answer lies in Live's preferences:
Amazing, that's it! Thank you Pitch Black