Better sound in Pro Logic then Live without any plug-ins.. ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tvoismo

Better sound in Pro Logic then Live without any plug-ins.. ?

Post by tvoismo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:38 am

I just tried Logic Pro, and I have to say that the VSTs sound better ( massive ) Much more rich sound.

Is this the case ?

beats me

Re: Better sound in Pro Logic then Live without any plug-ins.. ?

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:38 pm

This is true.

Now the forum will attempt to A/B this to death because they don't want to believe it.

login

Post by login » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:42 pm

If you think so change DAW.

Still does who say it doesn't have empirical evidence, same shit as evolution deniers.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Oh, absolutely that's because of the very well known brown Henke dither. Google it!

Only these pesky Rectified Rainers here would have you believe otherwise :twisted:

chrk

Post by chrk » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:02 pm

tvoismo wrote: Much more rich sound.

Is this the case ?
Can't be.

Live Standard Edition is almost double, Suite Edition more than three times the price of Logic Pro X.

Live MUST sound richer, at least doubly so.

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:11 pm

2015!... I think every DAW made today (in every price range... even without plug-ins) will out perform what was used 20-plus years ago (when the biggest hits in history were made)... Even my $7 Caustic-3 app on my cell phone is better than what I had access to back in the days!.. Bottom line, ANYBODY, using ANY DAW, If you not creating hit songs... The problem is YOU!!! (Disclaimer: I already know my shit sucks, so don't challenge me to hear my 'Hits'. But that doesn't mean I don't recognize that I have every tool at my disposal. I just lack the creativity to make hits). DAWs will keep getting better, but I think every one of them on the market has surpassed what is necessary to win!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Willyum wrote: If you not creating hit songs... The problem is YOU!!! (Disclaimer: I already know my shit sucks, so don't challenge me to hear my 'Hits'. But that doesn't mean I don't recognize that I have every tool at my disposal. I just lack the creativity to make hits). DAWs will keep getting better, but I think every one of them on the market has surpassed what is necessary to win!

I agree 100%. This guy makes Platinum Hits using Sony Acid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Wb42jS49o
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:24 pm

By the way tvoismo, my comment was not directed at you. I'm usually late to all the 'sound quality' comparison threads... I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a minute! It seems a lot of people around here like to blame their equipment instead of learning to master the gear they have, free their creativity and make their gear work for them. So I wasn't directing my comment at anyone... and as far as the best DAWs... less is more has always been true, problem here is most of us are just gear collectors with ADHD.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:10 pm

OH GOOD MORE OF THIS SHIT
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:14 pm

It is Logics superior summing bus adding all that shizzle together. The 2 that Logic gets from 1+1 is a much warmer 2 than Lives.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:08 pm

tvoismo wrote:I just tried Logic Pro, and I have to say that the VSTs sound better ( massive ) Much more rich sound.

Is this the case ?
Of course. Sell your copy of Live for 199€ and get Logic Pro X instead. What are you waiting for?
Make some music!