Reverb Suggestions?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
musikmachine

Reverb Suggestions?

Post by musikmachine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Since i can't use Convo i've been looking for a good lush reverb for tech/progressive house and i'm not sure whether to go algo or get a really good convo library.

I'm leaning towards VVV as it has a transparency other reverbs i've tried don't but i also managed to achieve similar results with Reflektor. Apparently Altiverb is one of the best but i can't afford that.

So what do you use or do you have several gotos; any freeware or lesser well known reverbs floating about? :)

Cheers!

mholloway

Re: Reverb Suggestions?

Post by mholloway » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:37 pm

2CAudio Breeze is as lush as they come. Easy as pie to use, almost always sounds great. Cheaper and less complex / difficult as their 'bigger' products.

I have yet to meet it's equal.

Now get ready for 100 people telling you to buy Valhall room / other Valhall verbs... but not me. I tried 'em, and tried 'em again, and I firmly "don't get it."

Breeze all the way.

Runner up would be Arts Acoustic Reverb, also very lush and all-purpose usable.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:49 pm

Logic Pro X. Great reverbs that happen to have a full DAW attached to them. And only $200. :P

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Thanks!

It's all good, i'm gonna trial 'em anyway so i'm looking for a few to shootout. I thought i might have to spend a small fortune to achieve that sort of quality; sounds like their using some serious outboard but i know part of it is the way the reverb is mixed and processed.

Steve Glen

Post by Steve Glen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:58 pm

You should try K-Research Reverb. It's free!

http://www.kresearch.com

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:58 pm

beats me wrote:Logic Pro X. Great reverbs that happen to have a full DAW attached to them. And only $200. :P
Not on a mac, PC/vst only. I forget about the different platforms.

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Steve Glen wrote:You should try K-Research Reverb. It's free!

http://www.kresearch.com
Looks good, will try! :)

Well i would but they want an awful lot of personal info for a freebie! :|

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 pm

@mholloway yeah Breeze is very nice. Immediate results, easy to dial in and audio sounds like it's in it's own acoustic space which i'm finding difficult to reproduce in VVV but that could due to VVV being a bit more complex, different character though.

morgo

Post by morgo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Live's reverb? spend a bit of time getting to know it and its actually really good. Otherwise get 9 suite? theres the max 4 live convolution reverb in there and you get a whole load of other cool shit. Or the Lexicons from NI? Lexicons are awesome. I always use live's verb and lexicons

mmorgan

Post by mmorgan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:00 pm

I use NI RC 24 and RC 48 Lexicon reverbs as my go to. Also the Live reverb. The NI ones were developed by Softube and very classy.
Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
Intel i7-2600 @3.4GHz; 16G Ram; Win 10-64; Live 9.5
RME-Fireface UFX; Machine II; APC40; MPK25;
Guitars and Amps

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:07 pm

morgo wrote:Live's reverb? spend a bit of time getting to know it and its actually really good. Otherwise get 9 suite? theres the max 4 live convolution reverb in there and you get a whole load of other cool shit. Or the Lexicons from NI? Lexicons are awesome. I always use live's verb and lexicons
Can't use convo. ^^^ ;)

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:14 pm

mmorgan wrote:I use NI RC 24 and RC 48 Lexicon reverbs as my go to. Also the Live reverb. The NI ones were developed by Softube and very classy.
Actually i've read some great things about them, added to the list. :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:22 pm

musikmachine wrote:
mmorgan wrote:I use NI RC 24 and RC 48 Lexicon reverbs as my go to. Also the Live reverb. The NI ones were developed by Softube and very classy.
Then you should check out the actual Lexicon reverb plugs to. Their basic bundle is not too expensive anymore either. And they are of course exquisite!
Last edited by TomViolenz on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morgo

Post by morgo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 pm

what do you mean "you cant use convo" - why not?

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:30 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
Then you should check out the actual Lexicon reverb plugs to. Their basic bundle is not too expensive anymore either. And they are of course exquisite!
Is that the LXP bundle? I've been thinking about getting a dongle recently to try some stuff so this would be a good incentive.