Reverb Suggestions?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
musikmachine

Re: Reverb Suggestions?

Post by musikmachine » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:37 pm

morgo wrote:what do you mean "you cant use convo" - why not?
Some type of bug, the impulses disappear eventually and i can't reload them.Thought it was fixed in the beta but still occuring.

Anyway just an example of what i'm talking about for reference: https://soundcloud.com/desaturatemusic/ ... mix#t=1:29

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:52 pm

musikmachine wrote:
TomViolenz wrote: Then you should check out the actual Lexicon reverb plugs to. Their basic bundle is not too expensive anymore either. And they are of course exquisite!
Is that the LXP bundle? I've been thinking about getting a dongle recently to try some stuff so this would be a good incentive.
Yes it is, it's around 200 for the 4 main plugs. So not more than for 2 of the Valhalla ones. (Compared to 600 or so for the other bundles. And they sound sweet, I heard them at a friends house)

EDIT: 8O I just googled them again and here: http://www.bax-shop.de/lexicon-lxp-nati ... wwodLgIAHw

It came up at 99€ for the bundle. 8O

If that's for real, you should def jump on that!

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Cool, got a few to try. I'll have a think about the lexi, being wary of ilok since the disable debacle a couple of years ago but it's $99 on AD, very tempting.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Valhalla room is a great affordable reverb that's pretty thick sounding.

Also Audiodamage EOS is great as well.

Also doing certain things like putting chorus on reverb, EQing and compressing reverb can help with a lot of reverbs.

Steve Glen

Post by Steve Glen » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 am

Thise rc24 and 48 are beautiful. I will check into the lexicon stuff, looks cool.

If youhave problems with max4l8ve.ConvolutionReverb, you should update your OS

Mister Natural

Post by Mister Natural » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:25 am

jlgrimes wrote:Valhalla room is a great affordable reverb that's pretty thick sounding.

Also doing certain things like putting chorus on reverb, EQing and compressing reverb can help with a lot of reverbs.
this is a wise man ^

some cat above says he has had poor results with Valhalla Verbs . . .
I can tell you that Val Vintage sounds terrific here

peace
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google
#smile

morgo

Post by morgo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:20 am

Yeah man if I were you I would definately spending some time trying to fix the M4L convolution verb, seems silly to spend money on something else when you've already got something thats top notch and just sitting there!

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:42 pm

jlgrimes wrote:Valhalla room is a great affordable reverb that's pretty thick sounding.

Don't know if you listened to the sample i posted but i'm looking for something transparent like that. I found Breeze to have a more natural sound that VVV but that could be me not knowing VVV very very well. :P

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Steve Glen wrote:Thise rc24 and 48 are beautiful. I will check into the lexicon stuff, looks cool.

If youhave problems with max4l8ve.ConvolutionReverb, you should update your OS
Yes they are and exactly what i was thinking about lexicon. My Os is up to date but looks like i was running an older version of Max which could explain the convo issue. It's just time dealing with stuff like that when you want to get on with it but this one could be on me. :oops: