Very odd midi i/o problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fatbob

Very odd midi i/o problem

Post by fatbob » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi, I created a new project and the latency was awesome, no problem what so ever, so I saved my session and closed my Mac. I went back to the project the following day and now I have latency problems for this project only. I have changed nothing in the project just saved and opened 12 hours later.

To test further I created another project and started adding new clips with no problems, so I saved the file and restarted the Mac, I then opened the file and now have the same problem! It's a very frustrating problem!

It would appear that something is getting confused when I save and reopen projects!

Has anyone else had this same problem?

DRTYWRKS

Re: Very odd midi i/o problem

Post by DRTYWRKS » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:18 pm

I too am having this problem as of recently....

My overall latency is 7ms, but the gap between hitting my push and hearing audio is at least a qtr of a second.

Has Ableton implemented anything new that might be causing these intermittent problems? I've been using Ableton for 4 years now without problems and now the latency is unbearable.

DRTYWRKS

Re: Very odd midi i/o problem

Post by DRTYWRKS » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Update:
Replying so I don't confuse the subject the OP brought up.

My issue was different than yours is likely. I recently made a change to my default template and one of my Eq's to linear phase which adds an amazing amount of latency for one plugin.

Hope you resolve your issue, but that's how I resolved mine.

I'm latency free and jamming again!