Some new demos

Share your tracks with other users.

dhpetrescu

Re: Some new demos

Post by dhpetrescu » Sun May 03, 2015 8:24 pm

I really like the second one, another demo.

soareyou

Post by soareyou » Mon May 04, 2015 6:29 pm

I like the atmosphere on the first one ( nothing 3), especially the second part where the strings come in. It sill is a bit too repetitive to my ears and misses a bit of a final touch, but that could be taste!

I really like the second one aswell ( a second demo). Nothing to add on this one

On the last one I hear small mixing things, it seems like the bass end isnt too well defined, and I would have the hihats and claps a bit more crispy/louder.. I have to check once Im home on monitors !

Nice stuff in general! :)
https://soundcloud.com/smallestmountain

"Freedom is not having endless opportunities, but to be free doing what you do" -Sebastian Mullaert

mcdreamer

Post by mcdreamer » Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 pm

dhpetrescu wrote:I really like the second one, another demo.
soareyou wrote:I like the atmosphere on the first one ( nothing 3), especially the second part where the strings come in. It sill is a bit too repetitive to my ears and misses a bit of a final touch, but that could be taste!

I really like the second one aswell ( a second demo). Nothing to add on this one

On the last one I hear small mixing things, it seems like the bass end isnt too well defined, and I would have the hihats and claps a bit more crispy/louder.. I have to check once Im home on monitors !

Nice stuff in general! :)
Thanks for the comments! I think the second one is probably my favourite of the three. Agree that each track probably needs a little more going on.

With the last one I struggled a bit to balance the low end. The drums occupy quite a bit of the low frequency space and you have the 303 like sound getting into the same range. I didn't want to lose the punchiness of the drums so tried to insert a bass sound that worked with them but it's probably too subtle ;)