Paid Ableton and Cracked Plugins?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DestroyTheMetal

Paid Ableton and Cracked Plugins?

Post by DestroyTheMetal » Sun May 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Basically my question is will a paid version of ableton work with cracked plugins? Dont bother posting how I should just pay for the plugins, I don't have the money to pay for them and we all know how expensive EDM production is.

yur2die4

Re: Paid Ableton and Cracked Plugins?

Post by yur2die4 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:33 pm

We all know how expensive it is?

The only expensive parts are the clothes/hairstyles/shows/payingoffotherppl2produce4u :P

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Sun May 03, 2015 4:40 pm

ahem, there's plenty of great free plugins and you can make "edm" perfectly fine with Live's built-in instruments and fx if you really don't have the money.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun May 03, 2015 4:51 pm

DestroyTheMetal wrote:Basically my question is will a paid version of ableton work with cracked plugins? Dont bother posting how I should just pay for the plugins, I don't have the money to pay for them and we all know how expensive EDM production is.
I think the official Ableton FAQ answer is something to the effect of "go fuck yourself."
Unsound Designer

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun May 03, 2015 5:19 pm

There are a lot of free plug-ins of quite good quality.
Further you should consider that just like you probably would like to get paid by your fans for the work you put in into your tracks and that you need to live off, the plug-in programmers need to eat too and nearly none of them are swimming in piles of cash.

Lastly: yes, the paid version of Live will most likely work with cracked plug-ins. But again, please consider to pay for what you end up using often.

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Of course they will, if good programmed.

chrissobo13

Post by chrissobo13 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Lots of people use cracked plugins at some time of another. I downloaded Massive and Sylenth, but I paid for both after I determined I wanted to keep them. I downloaded Live 8 when I wanted to try it out, but I purchased it after I fell in love with it. If you download software or samples that you don't plan on paying for, stop using them.

login

Post by login » Sun May 03, 2015 9:18 pm

DestroyTheMetal wrote: I don't have the money to pay for them and we all know how expensive EDM production is.

You have no idea of what expensive is. You can make a good album just with Live stock symths and effects.

Making any kind of acouatic music is more expemsive: instruments, mics and treated room.

Con sider yourself lucky to live in a time when making music is pretty damn cheap.

mhult

Post by mhult » Sat May 09, 2015 9:44 am

chrissobo13 wrote:Lots of people use cracked plugins at some time of another. I downloaded Massive and Sylenth, but I paid for both after I determined I wanted to keep them. I downloaded Live 8 when I wanted to try it out, but I purchased it after I fell in love with it. If you download software or samples that you don't plan on paying for, stop using them.
Forgive me for asking, but why bother cracking the software to try it out, when the developers provide free trial versions?
Live 10 Suite, Push 2, Roland V-drums, lots of plugins, hardware synths and drum machines...

Treshell

Post by Treshell » Sat May 09, 2015 10:33 am

Why even do it? With warez you just get either outdated versions/trial versions or something that is stuffed with malware. Legit plugins go on sale all the time or can be bought second-hand cheap. For instance JRRshop and Pluginboutique usually have good prices

pro-tip: you don't need 50 different mastering plugins, effects and synths.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat May 09, 2015 10:51 am

Treshell wrote:Why even do it? With warez you just get either outdated versions/trial versions or something that is stuffed with malware.
I'm with you on trying to convince him to be fair to the developers, but that statement is just bullshit.

In fact many legitimate owners use the cracks to the stuff they bought just for avoiding the hassles that come with the copy protection schemes.

Sonic Revolutions

Post by Sonic Revolutions » Sat May 09, 2015 11:51 am

Right, like this guy is gonna pay for Ableton...

Stick to listening to EDM son.

Treshell

Post by Treshell » Sat May 09, 2015 3:49 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Treshell wrote:Why even do it? With warez you just get either outdated versions/trial versions or something that is stuffed with malware.
I'm with you on trying to convince him to be fair to the developers, but that statement is just bullshit.

In fact many legitimate owners use the cracks to the stuff they bought just for avoiding the hassles that come with the copy protection schemes.
Why support developers that use DRM if you don't like it? Personally I don't.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat May 09, 2015 4:26 pm

DestroyTheMetal wrote:Basically my question is will a paid version of ableton work with cracked plugins? Dont bother posting how I should just pay for the plugins, I don't have the money to pay for them and we all know how expensive EDM production is.
The backside of using cracked software is that when you have malfunctioning software, you can't know if it's because of a bug, or because you're using cracked software. Nor can you stay ahead with updates or call support and get their help to fix the exact issue on your machine right there. You must wait and when you wait you could have done music with that plug-in or instrument.

So when your machine is crashing, all you can do is whine in some forums. When people tell you to "get that update" you must wait until it's cracked.

And "EDM", whatever that is, is not expensive to produce at all. You're just being short-sighted as well as you're not seeing the whole picture.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat May 09, 2015 4:27 pm

TomViolenz wrote: In fact many legitimate owners use the cracks to the stuff they bought just for avoiding the hassles that come with the copy protection schemes.
Cracks are seldom perfect though. So it's risking that you are in reality using a lesser piece of software because of the crack.

In addition, people using all kinds of plug-ins just because they can, may fail to master anything — as they try to use it all — and thus never get anywhere. When you invest money, it should be into something that you will use and as you paid for it you're motivated to master what you paid for because it's an investment not only in money but in time.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sat May 09, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Make some music!