Paid Ableton and Cracked Plugins?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TomViolenz

Re: Paid Ableton and Cracked Plugins?

Post by TomViolenz » Sat May 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Treshell wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
Treshell wrote:Why even do it? With warez you just get either outdated versions/trial versions or something that is stuffed with malware.
I'm with you on trying to convince him to be fair to the developers, but that statement is just bullshit.

In fact many legitimate owners use the cracks to the stuff they bought just for avoiding the hassles that come with the copy protection schemes.
Why support developers that use DRM if you don't like it? Personally I don't.
8O WTF
Because they worked to make a plug I want?!

So you think it's fair to steal from people just because they don't cater to every wish you have?

njh

Post by njh » Sat May 09, 2015 8:16 pm

DestroyTheMetal wrote:Basically my question is will a paid version of ableton work with cracked plugins? Dont bother posting how I should just pay for the plugins, I don't have the money to pay for them and we all know how expensive EDM production is.
Yes they will work fine. The only thing a crack does is crack the serial/registration of the software. Nothing else is hacked like some are saying in this thread. Cracked software is the same piece of software that came from the source. Cracks rarely introduce bugs. Usually if you have a bug in a cracked version the legit version is also experiencing the same shity bug.
You do have to deal with knowing that the writer of the crack could be performing some exploits on your computer though I never ran into this issue when I used to run cracked software.

Of course you probably know that it is better just to buy the software so you dont have to deal with guilt (mostly guilt from convictions of other people guilting you). Also some cracks never get updated. Like you said though you cant afford the software because it has been priced out of your reach.

There are ways around using cracks and most of them involve buying a lite or stripped down version (most of these lite versions are no better than free software since they have been stripped down to nothing). Im sure you already know of all of these options along with the free options though.

The best route is to buy used when you can if the software cost too much.

Im with you although I no longer use cracks I feel creative software is priced way beyond the reach of most musicians in this world. I view it as elitism and flat out massive cash grab greed. Its almost becoming as bad as the game industry where they nickle and dime you for every little feature with dlc.

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:27 am

one big misconception is you need a whole bunch of plugins to make good music i see alot of people tell me such bs on face book groups before about "you need ni komplete" or whatever other plugins

very good free ones out there like alot of people said and ableton stock are good with the fx is a must to make them sound as full as you want

your software will work though unless the plugin crash ableton it wont be because its crack tho

i dont download cracks because i dont want to risk getting malicious code in my pc

i really like the free uhe plugins
windows 8.1, amd fx 6300 3.5ghz , amd radeon 7850 2gb gfx card, GA-78LMT-USB3 rev5.0 mobo, 16 gb ram , 7200 rpm hd , steinberg ur22 interface, cubase 8.0.35 pro , ableton live 9 suite

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun May 10, 2015 7:11 am

njh wrote: Yes they will work fine. The only thing a crack does is crack the serial/registration of the software. Nothing else is hacked like some are saying in this thread.
You have no idea what you're talking about. There is not only one copy protection scheme around. I know enough people using cracked software as well as at least one extremely talented cracker to know it's not as clear cut as you describe. Also introducing trojans is a real risk on both OS X (there are Trojans for OS X, sorry) and Windows as well.

Using cracks is really a lose - lose deal. It's also one of the greatest sources of whiners in the forums.
Make some music!

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 pm

You may not yet appreciate the time and cost of production of these tools but how much do you value your own time, privacy and information? The amount of crap/virus/loggers etc that will end up on your computer is ime not worth it.
Not talking scare tactics either. Maybe some hack with some misguided altruistic intention, or to prove it can be done but malicious code can sneak in and plenty are making money from distribution of these cracks.
It's a shady business.

daddytang

Post by daddytang » Sun May 10, 2015 11:41 pm

I am on the verge of selling Ableton and using a cracked version if they dont fix thE crashes. Ive submitted hundreds of crash reports. Arg

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Mon May 11, 2015 1:54 am

daddytang wrote:I am on the verge of selling Ableton and using a cracked version if they dont fix thE crashes. Ive submitted hundreds of crash reports. Arg
lol. good luck with that!

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Mon May 11, 2015 1:58 am

TomViolenz wrote:In fact many legitimate owners use the cracks to the stuff they bought just for avoiding the hassles that come with the copy protection schemes.
I have seen software (not Ableton's) whose authors didn't even test a "install without a previous pirate copy" scenario. The legit installer would get stuck umpteen times until I found and installed a cracked version. After this, the legit copy installed like a cinch from the first.
Perhaps they didn't expect anyone who bought the legit copy to install it too. Wouldn't surprise me. :D
DestroyTheMetal wrote:we all know how expensive EDM production is.
That's why dope kings do it as a hobby to launder money. It stinks less than oil painting.
Last edited by mrdelurk on Thu May 14, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Mon May 11, 2015 5:16 am

why not keeping the origin when you use it?

i think ableton is pretty stable when you use uptodate heartware
and legal vsti`s.. i do not know if there are cracked versions of jbridge, but do not wonder
if your system start crashing, if you use software which try to fool around itselfs maincode.

a crack my work flawless for a while but it may also lead to crashs if too many manipulated factors come togehter,
and in this case nobody can help you, nore an update from the creators will fix anything, because it may not be compatiple
with your cracked versions. hassle is no good way to be creative.