Grid Only In UserMode

Discuss Push with other users.
Bogumil

Grid Only In UserMode

Post by Bogumil » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:23 am

hi,
i was wondering is it possible to have the whole Push functionality in user mode except the grid [ and maybe scene buttons]?
what i need is to have all the encoder displayed normally but the 8x8 grid being used for midi processing. [ im not into m4l ]

any ideas?

TomViolenz

Re: Grid Only In UserMode

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:32 am

Except writing your own script I see no way to achieve that. Push is absolute shit as a general Midi controller.

Bogumil

Post by Bogumil » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:27 pm

thanks for reply

there is this PXT live script by stray and its great. there are many overlapping features included... hence my question .
i was thinking perhaps its just copy and paste without the part concering the 8x8 grid. maybe im wrong. i can't programme scripts at alll.
:(

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:11 am

Bogumil wrote:thanks for reply

there is this PXT live script by stray and its great. there are many overlapping features included... hence my question .
i was thinking perhaps its just copy and paste without the part concering the 8x8 grid. maybe im wrong. i can't programme scripts at alll.
:(
I doubt he copied and pasted much, too much risk of being sued. Besides when you know how to code this sort of thing it becomes quite unnessesary to copy. And honestly?! I think stray has more imagination and coding talent than the whole Push scripting department at Ableton combined.

But without being able to script you are SOL. You wouldn't even know what to copy/paste and if you found out, you wouldn't know how to innitiate the relevant parts and how to write a script for the grid. Push is not no be tinkered with by us mere mortals! :x
Your best chances (and neither are for the faint of heart) are making a M4L device or to get into something likes Bomes Midi Transtlator. But Pushs Midi implementation is not straight forward IMO, so prepare yourself to be looking for lots of workarounds.

Bogumil

Post by Bogumil » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 am

i don't have much time to check it at the moment, but stray has already help me a great deal with m4l. here's link :

http://beatwise.proboards.com/thread/22 ... script-mod