Syntorial now out for iPad!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Syntorial now out for iPad!

Post by beats me » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:39 pm

http://www.syntorial.com/buy-now/

+30% off until Friday. You get the unlock for both the desktop and iPad version, and their VST synth. Sweet!

Kent_in_CO

Re: Syntorial now out for iPad!

Post by Kent_in_CO » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:24 pm

That's a sweet concept. Have you used it much yourself?
Hong Kong: 2050 A.D. You're about to inject a dose of mind-altering nanobots. This is the soundtrack to your trip. https://seven7hwave.bandcamp.com/album/cyberia

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:43 pm

I’ve only used the demo and was holding out for the iPad version (and discount). I’m not one of those “create music in the great outdoors!” people but I can see myself bringing my iPad outside to learn/practice synthesis with this app.

Both the desktop and iPad versions are free in demo mode which goes through the first 20 lessons which is more than enough to determine if it’s something you think you would get a lot out of. Worth the download and try. Full purchase is $80 through this Friday and then goes back up to $130.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Plus, in the app the synth on its own is free to use as a synth with midi and inter app audio and all that good stuff.

A tiny bit glitchy on the note scrolling and preset changing after tinkering with modulations though. (Some presets load as a little pop noise instead or the sound unless I fudge things around a bunch before jumping to and from the preset. )

As for the tutorial part... I have not continued with it but will over time

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:53 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Plus, in the app the synth on its own is free to use as a synth with midi and inter app audio and all that good stuff.

A tiny bit glitchy on the note scrolling and preset changing after tinkering with modulations though. (Some presets load as a little pop noise instead or the sound unless I fudge things around a bunch before jumping to and from the preset. )

As for the tutorial part... I have not continued with it but will over time

Personally I don’t need another softsynth on either iOS or OSX, but it was nice of them to include it as a bonus, I’m sure easy enough to make available as they made it for their tutorial, and you’ll probably know it better than most softsynths if you complete their tutorials.

jhan303

Post by jhan303 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:39 pm

yur2die4 wrote:A tiny bit glitchy on the note scrolling and preset changing after tinkering with modulations though. (Some presets load as a little pop noise instead or the sound unless I fudge things around a bunch before jumping to and from the preset. )
Hi! I'm the developer. Would you mind emailing me at joe@syntorial.com with more detail on that bug?
SYNTORIAL - Interactive Synth Training Software