Convolution Reverb Pro, No sound

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Aton

Convolution Reverb Pro, No sound

Post by Aton » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:15 pm

When I initially used the Convolution Reverb Pro effect on 2 of my tracks, it worked great. When I re-opened the track to work on it today, with the effect on, it mutes the sound of the track. I thought it might be a 9.2 problem so I installed 9.1 and the same problem occurs. I need a good plate reverb and now I am at a loss. Any ideas? thanks.

musikmachine

Re: Convolution Reverb Pro, No sound

Post by musikmachine » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:34 am

I've had this problem for ages, i've been in contact with support but in the last email exchange no mention of Convo was made and i forgot to follow up so i don't know what the cause is or if Ableton does but if you contact support you should get some feedback on what's going on.

Surprised it's still there tbh. Have you updated Max?

Aton

Post by Aton » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 am

yes, I've updated everything. I am kinda nervous now about using max for anything. What I need is a good plate reverb. Any great alternatives I could use?

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:11 pm

I was but Max is a lot more stable now, i'm steadily using more in my projects and encountered very few issues, just seems to be Convo with this issue still.

There's Reflektor from NI if you have Komplete or for algorithmic Valhalla Vintage Verb is well worth a demo, depends how much you want to spend but that beats a lot of more expensive verbs IME.

There are others like Softube TSAR and the lexicon stuff but they both require ilok.

Aton

Post by Aton » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:34 pm

shoot, thanks!! I did not realize that reflektor came with komplete. I see it now under the guitar rig. sweet!

florian_bl

Post by florian_bl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:42 am

No solution to offer but letting you know that you are not alone with the problem. Same thing happening here in 9.1 since a few weeks ago. Audio stream through Convolution Pro comes and goes as it wants. I didn't see any clear pattern why and when this is happening yet.

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:48 pm

@Aton no problem. :)

Yeah it's quite a random problem, i've given up using it casue it's a pita to find and replace all the instances when it stops working. :x