Anyone Else Crashing Constantly Since Today's Update?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Aton

Re: Anyone Else Crashing Constantly Since Today's Update?

Post by Aton » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:37 pm

It turns out that the Hybryd 3 vst was causing the problem. I updated to the latest version and so far so good. My melodyne vst causes the same problem so I guess I need to update that too. 9.1 has caused some kinda can of worms for old vsts.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Aton wrote:After the update today I can't open any of my projects. 9.2 crashes immediately. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. still crashes. How do I downgrade? My workflow has severely 8O been disrupted.
Here you go
Ableton Forum Moderator

dakolaw

Post by dakolaw » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:07 pm

[jur] wrote:
Aton wrote:After the update today I can't open any of my projects. 9.2 crashes immediately. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. still crashes. How do I downgrade? My workflow has severely 8O been disrupted.
Here you go
I think I'll have to jump on this and go back to 9.1. Tried re-installing last night to no success.

Jamoflage

Post by Jamoflage » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:33 pm

9.2 crashes every time after about 20 seconds, mac, OS 10.9.5.

Looking more into this today.....

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:35 pm

I was having crashes briefly, uninstalling a 3ivx application that one of my sons had installed without my knowledge fixed everything...

Cheers
D

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Not crashing but latency has become an issue which it was not before. I haven't changed any settings and now on 9.2, when I record a guitar loop, it is way off then I have to warp it where before I didn't have to.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

hennessey

Post by hennessey » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:37 am

joeyfivecents wrote:Not crashing but latency has become an issue which it was not before. I haven't changed any settings and now on 9.2, when I record a guitar loop, it is way off then I have to warp it where before I didn't have to.
Yes. I'm having the exact same problem. Yosemite Macbook Pro, Live 32 bit verson. Any buffer size under 1024 and I get pops recording audio. Timing seems way off. Nothing else has changed. Using Steinberg's UR44, supposedly good drivers. CPU is more spikey too.

D3VOUR

Post by D3VOUR » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:09 am

hennessey wrote:
joeyfivecents wrote:Not crashing but latency has become an issue which it was not before. I haven't changed any settings and now on 9.2, when I record a guitar loop, it is way off then I have to warp it where before I didn't have to.
Yes. I'm having the exact same problem. Yosemite Macbook Pro, Live 32 bit verson. Any buffer size under 1024 and I get pops recording audio. Timing seems way off. Nothing else has changed. Using Steinberg's UR44, supposedly good drivers. CPU is more spikey too.

Add me into this list. Ableton is running on a 2015 Macbook Pro dedicated to just Ableton. Went from super fast performance to a latency mess with 9.2.

hennessey

Post by hennessey » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:45 am

D3VOUR wrote:
hennessey wrote:

Add me into this list. Ableton is running on a 2015 Macbook Pro dedicated to just Ableton. Went from super fast performance to a latency mess with 9.2.
I downloaded 9.1.10 this morning and things are back to normal. Buffer size back down to 256 and no clicks/pops recording. Projects saved in 9.2 opened fine. I'm surprised no one on the 9.2 beta ran into this.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Completely screwed me, I've downgraded back to 9.1.10 and it's not really helped that much. Everything was fine before the weekend. have a film score to finish and everything is now fuped. grrrrrrreat

Oliver Alex

Post by Oliver Alex » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:43 pm

same here:
crashes when saving
long loading time
some projects won't open --> crash

on Mavericks and Live 9.2
Downgrading to 9.1.x helped to open certain sets but crashes persist

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Seems like they would have noticed the latency thing before they put this version out. I was excited about 9.2 mainly because of the tuner (which works very well) but recording audio tracks is a mess. Just once, can't one of these companies put out something that just works?
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Yeah, I normally keep the folder clear of versions back a bit a few months, just as house cleaning, never really known if it's helpful or not, however in this case perhaps it would be a procedure worth noting.[/quote]

Hope it does for you what it seems to have achieved for me.[/quote]

Things are ok now, after a dust off, I have a seperate issue with Air 'Hybrid 3' crashing Live but that's all so far.

poweruser

Post by poweruser » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:40 am

yeah.... I'm having a combination of most the same issues everyone else is having.

Ableton claims it uses dual cores to Export, for faster exporting...
The exporting is MUCH slower now- as opposed to 9.0 and previous versions. This is happening on large projects, or even- 1 single Track, with only the EQ 3 on that track. The automation used with the EQ 3 is nothing crazy. Simple Bass in/out cuts.

Saving new projects (with only 1 track, and no 3rd party plug-ins), can take up to 50 seconds. It's not a consistent issue, but it does happen 2-4x a day. (I work on Ableton 10+ hours per day, 6 days a week).

At times, right click/secondary click, can take up to 10 seconds for the options to appear.

Almost every time: when I drag/drop audio tracks into the Session view... it hesitates for more than 5 seconds. Maybe I'm just being picky, but I don't ever remember it taking this long for them to drop into the session- in previous versions.

I'm still a huge Ableton fan, but dang!!! Paying $800 for Suite..... I expect this to NOT be so buggy. It seems as buggy as Microsoft Windows. Fruity Loops is even less buggy than this new release.

What I wish..............: I realize not everyone has the same exact problems. I'm sure there are certain problems across the board though.
What I wish was the button that we can select in our Preferences for our "Send usage data", that a problem could be detected, and that particular fix would be auto-updated to our specific issue we are having, while leaving everything else untouched- if we aren't having an issue with it. THAT would be awesome!

PLEASE FIX IT, so we can feel like we are still getting our money's worth.

PS-- I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer"- so here's my positive input. I FREAKING LOVE the new punchiness of the Complex/Pro audio time stretching. Thank you guys! This was my only hang up in previous versions.

hennessey

Post by hennessey » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:32 pm

poweruser wrote:yeah.... I'm having a combination of most the same issues everyone else is having.
We're all bicthin' here, but has anyone sent in a bug report or contacted support? -- Specifically regarding the CPU spikes, latency, and crashes that seem to have gone up since 9.2. Also it looks like most of us are on OSX.