NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
dynamiiic

Re: NanoKontrol 2 MIDI Remote Script: "APC Emulation"

Post by dynamiiic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:00 pm

timkdj wrote:I own a Xone K2. Can I alter this script easy so that I can use it with that device.
All i need is the send up and down actually. Thanks!!
Hello timkdj, you can grab the send up and down code and place it on another script if you just need that.

Or yes, you can alter it..

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:02 pm

chapelier fou wrote:Hey,

does the NanoKontrol 2 respond to incoming CCs to switch the lights on and off ?

thanks
Yes, you can send midi messages to light up the leds. Only two or three won't light up because they don't have leds!

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:14 pm

dynamiiic wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:Hey,

does the NanoKontrol 2 respond to incoming CCs to switch the lights on and off ?

thanks
Yes, you can send midi messages to light up the leds. Only two or three won't light up because they don't have leds!
Thanks !
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Udo Behm

Post by Udo Behm » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Good Day. Can someone tell me whether the APC Script for the nanoKONTROL 2 still works with the new Ableton Live 9.2 version?? I was sent a new controller and barely anything seems to work anymore... Thanks, Udo

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:28 pm

Using Live 9.2.2 (Win 7), it does work here.
♥♥♥

joefrost01

Post by joefrost01 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks so much for the superbly helpful script. I was able to tweak it to work with the Roland A800 Pro very nicely (changed the CC numbers for the faders to 100-107 to make CC1 available for the mod wheel).
Running in device control mode now means that my Push, A800 and nanoK2 have completely consistent behavior for the knob controls.

luv

Post by luv » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:52 pm

any word on a 9.5 update for this invaluable script?
luv,
luv

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:47 pm

luv wrote:any word on a 9.5 update for this invaluable script?
Hi luv, did you tested it in Live 9.5?

I did, and it's working.

I updated the first post with this info.

Cheers!

luv

Post by luv » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 pm

dynamiiic wrote:
luv wrote:any word on a 9.5 update for this invaluable script?
Hi luv, did you tested it in Live 9.5?

I did, and it's working.

I updated the first post with this info.

Cheers!
noob mistake, it works! THANK YOU for your amazing work!!!
luv,
luv

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:55 pm

absolutly brilliant script. this has taught me so much. :) i was just wondering, is there anyway to have a section of code installed into this or maybe point me in the right direction so that i could. so that i could maybe use shift mode to just select clips with out launching them? similar to select with the push. thanks :D

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:03 pm

snappyass wrote:absolutly brilliant script. this has taught me so much. :) i was just wondering, is there anyway to have a section of code installed into this or maybe point me in the right direction so that i could. so that i could maybe use shift mode to just select clips with out launching them? similar to select with the push. thanks :D
Hello snappyass, thank you for your kind words.

Regarding your question: Of course you can! You can the use the code in the "_set_initial_mode" function.
Where you have:

Code: Select all

clip_slot.set_launch_button(button)
Swap for:

clip_slot.set_select_button(button)
And voilá!

snappyass

Post by snappyass » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:16 am

i must be missing somthing. if i just switch the word launch for select i receive NoneType' object has no attribute 'turn_off'
if i compleatly copy the ### SESSION - CLIP LAUNCH BUTTONS segment and insert into shift_mode i get no errors but also cannot select the clip slots

prossi78

Post by prossi78 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Being that the global midi channel is one, would this create any conflicts with Push and vice versa? Thank you!

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi, you asked for the direction and I gave you it. It's hard to debug without having a logfile to look at.
snappyass wrote:if i just switch the word launch for select i receive NoneType' object has no attribute 'turn_off'
I would guess it's normal, because you have the function to update the led matrix. It is expecting to have buttons to turn off, and must be it telling you some buttons are missing.

snappyass wrote:if i compleatly copy the ### SESSION - CLIP LAUNCH BUTTONS segment and insert into shift_mode i get no errors but also cannot select the clip slots
It's hard to tell, you might be creating the buttons and destroying them somewhere, not linking them to the right controls. place some breakpoints through the code with function

self.log_message("text")
and check if it's not missing any step.

dynamiiic

Post by dynamiiic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:50 pm

prossi78 wrote:Being that the global midi channel is one, would this create any conflicts with Push and vice versa? Thank you!
Hello prossi78, each channel there are a number of MIDI NOTES, MIDI CC and MIDI PB that you can have. I have never tested this, but I think that you shouldn't have any problem as long as any control from device 1 doesn't share the same number (CC, NOTE or PB) with another control from device 2 in the same MIDI channel.

If they share then you can't map the second control, because that key (for example: Midi channel 1, CC# 44) is already registered for other control.

I own a LaunchControl XL, a Korg NanoKontrol2, an Akai LPD8 and 2 IPad apps (Touchable and LivKontrol) and for safety, all use different midi channels.