A BCR2000 script which respects track banking?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chapelier fou

Re: A BCR2000 script which respects track banking?

Post by chapelier fou » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:24 pm

looks cool.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:52 pm

we'll be following this up in a couple of weeks time with more goodies - exciting times for the BCR!

nocompromise

Post by nocompromise » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi guys,
I would like the option to use main buttons and not have them pre assigned to mute and solo. What I want is for the main buttons to follow track selection so I can use them for device on/off, buttons on fx, etc. etc.
This would allow me to have the same device fx setup on all my tracks using 16 main buttons and 24 knobs, which would obviously be awesome. I'm sure this wouldn't be too much of a hassle to program. :)
Will this be possible in the future?
btw I would have posted this on the relevant Isotonik forum but I can see no way of loggin in to do so.
n o c o m p r o m i s e
2020 MacBook Pro 13" M1 16GB RAM 512 GB SSD / 2014 macbook pro retina 16GB soon to be retired/ rme babyface / push 1 / novation launch control xl / equator audio d5 /

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:18 pm

nocompromise wrote: btw I would have posted this on the relevant Isotonik forum but I can see no way of loggin in to do so.
Was wondering around the lack of activity, seems i forgot to put a tick in a box to allow guests to post!

Cheers
D

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:03 am

Hiya - the new script has been uploaded so you should be receiving update mails soon!

d.coder - I found a last minute feedback issue with the relative encoder mode so it's not in this version but I'm working to get addressed ASAP....

d.coder

Post by d.coder » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:45 am

Ah too bad. I'm looking forward. :wink:

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:03 am

nocompromise wrote:Hi guys,
I would like the option to use main buttons and not have them pre assigned to mute and solo. What I want is for the main buttons to follow track selection so I can use them for device on/off, buttons on fx, etc. etc.
This would allow me to have the same device fx setup on all my tracks using 16 main buttons and 24 knobs, which would obviously be awesome. I'm sure this wouldn't be too much of a hassle to program. :)
Will this be possible in the future?
btw I would have posted this on the relevant Isotonik forum but I can see no way of loggin in to do so.
Hi - device on/off for the first 8 devices is available when you switch to device mode... Are you saying you'd like this in mixer mode also?

When you say "buttons on fx, etc. etc.", do you mean you want to be able to dynamically map the buttons?

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:04 am

d.coder wrote:Ah too bad. I'm looking forward. :wink:
it's a bit of a weird one, but will hopefully be addressed soon

nocompromise

Post by nocompromise » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:48 pm

sigabort wrote: Hi - device on/off for the first 8 devices is available when you switch to device mode... Are you saying you'd like this in mixer mode also?

When you say "buttons on fx, etc. etc.", do you mean you want to be able to dynamically map the buttons?
Hi, yes dynamically map the buttons. for studio use mute and solo are good but..... what i mean is for live use specifically,

I want to use these buttons for eq3 hi/mid/lo mute, various beat repeat and autofilter on/off settings, chorus, flanger, phaser device on/off, compressor on/off, ping pong DDL on/off and feedback settings. I would also like to use the buttons for various sends at 0/100% (for use with octopush sends). Also other things. I could then use all 24 knobs for various fx parameters and other sends.

I might want to use the top row of 8 main buttons for mute so the option to dynamically assign any of the buttons would be good too. I would probably use all 16 buttons though as I have just bought a nanokontrol 2 specifically to pull volume down on any or all 8 tracks at once (like DJ up faders) and not use mutes at all.

I want to use all this on each of the 8 tracks I want to use. Does that make sense now? Could this be possible?
n o c o m p r o m i s e
2020 MacBook Pro 13" M1 16GB RAM 512 GB SSD / 2014 macbook pro retina 16GB soon to be retired/ rme babyface / push 1 / novation launch control xl / equator audio d5 /

nocompromise

Post by nocompromise » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:22 pm

while I'm on a roll LOL, I wouldn't want the mixer/device toggles or the parameter banking for my live set. I want to use one preset for device mode and have another for mixer mode (which I probably wouldn't use but I'd have the option).

I'd like to swap controller groups funcionality with the bottom right control buttons. So track select on these control buttons. I would want the 4 encoder groups though. Either for track select 9-32 (in studio), some other parameter or send access but more likely (for live use) for macro 1-8 on fx racks for another 3 sends.

My dream for the BCR for more years than I can remember has been this kind of funcionality. I want to be able to select a track in the studio and have direct control of EQ, sends, dynamics, fx etc right there in front of me. Likewise on the road but with vastly different layouts. I have missed this since I went ITB and stopped using hardware mixers. And lets face it even a neve or ssl can't offer this kind of customised layout for each user.

I am so pleased we are almost there. Thankyou sigabort and darren. This is getting more and more awesome.
n o c o m p r o m i s e

nocompromise

Post by nocompromise » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Obviously I have no idea how much work this stuff would be, or indeed how much work has already gone into this, so I will appologise in advance for the headache I am causing! :)
Here's hoping this is even possible. Thanks once again for your efforts.
n o c o m p r o m i s e

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi, i'll put these ideas down on the wish list... I've got some other changes I'm working on for a release in a couple of weeks so will start thinking about these after that...

d.coder

Post by d.coder » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:16 pm

sigabort wrote:

Could you fix it?

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 pm

d.coder wrote:
sigabort wrote:

Could you fix it?
i'm working on it for the next release which will hopefully be in a weeks time...

d.coder

Post by d.coder » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:42 pm

I am still looking forward to it :wink: