"NOT RESPONDING" The software and the tech support

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
micksmuse

"NOT RESPONDING" The software and the tech support

Post by micksmuse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:19 pm

as much as i love ableton live i gotta say my disgust over the last several weeks is hard to imagine. i actually see "not responding" in my sleep.
since the recent forced upgrade to 9.2.1 my adventures with ableton have been nothing short of atrocious.
finally after not being able to work without fear of throwing the computer out the window i tried contacting tech support.
looks like that is "not responding" either.
i would be hard pressed to recommend ableton to anyone which is sad because i know i turned many onto it in the past, but that is past.

i am relatively certain it is not my computer being it started immediately after the upgrade and i am having no issues with any other software.

is anyone else having these issues?

H20nly

Re: "NOT RESPONDING" The software and the tech support

Post by H20nly » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 pm

micksmuse wrote:since the recent forced upgrade to 9.2.1
in preferences, auto updates can be set to off.

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... ding-live/

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:11 pm

thanks for that. will definitely set that but how do i get it off now that it is on?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:31 am

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:41 am

I almost never have problems with betas or releases.... But I swear I almost had to stop a session with a client today. Spent about an hour getting Live to Respond.... rest of my PC running full speed. On the plus side, Live did what it faithfully does.... SAVED ALL MY WORK! I love Live....

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:17 am

I never understood why anyone would find automatic updates in potentialy mission critical programs sensible or even useful.

I have it disabled and only do my updates after the air has cleared on the forums with all the people on automatic updates having already discovered all the major bugs :mrgreen:
I also always keep the last two working versions installed, just in case the new one doesn't play one of my sets.

Same on OSX updates.