Vestax VCM 600 Users - Instant / Dynamic Mapping Possible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Acid303

Vestax VCM 600 Users - Instant / Dynamic Mapping Possible?

Post by Acid303 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:44 pm

With the 8 fx knobs and buttons what I want is to be able to:

Press FX button 1 - The 8 knobs then control 1 multi-effect on channel 1 with 8 macros
Press FX button 2 - The 8 knobs then control a different multi-effect on channel 2 with 8 macros
Press FX button 3 - The 8 knobs then control a different multi-effect on channel 3 with 8 macros

etc etc.

I'd also like to be able to the vcm600 to scroll through the audio fx devices on an channel and instantly become remapped to that device.

Is any of this possible?

Currently I can only assign those 8 knobs to 1 set of macros and that's it - if I try to map them to other macros it still controls the first set it was mapped to in addition to the new set.

Thanks

wascal

Re: Vestax VCM 600 Users - Instant / Dynamic Mapping Possible?

Post by wascal » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:54 am

I sold my VCM600 a year ago but I'm pretty sure that I used to assign those 8 FX buttons to select the title bars of different devices which brigs them into focus for 'blue hand' control, then the 8 knobs were automatically assigned to whichever device was selected.
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

Acid303

Post by Acid303 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:25 pm

I just managed to make it do that. I'm not sure exactly how you are supposed to set it up in the live 9 preferences but it seems to be doing that now. I'm not sure why only the 1st of the 8 buttons lights up and the others dont though?
Do you know the right options to select in live midi preferences? I have

input - track, sync, remote
output - track, sync, remote

KIII

Post by KIII » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:58 am

surface control - vcm600 input - vcm600 output - vcm600
input - track/on sync/off remote/on
output - track/off sync/off remote/on

By default the green light on the 8 FX buttons indicates the currently selected parameter bank. Select a desired plug-in/effect by using the configure mode click on every parameter you want to assign to the FX area. Pro tip - the order of the parameters on the FX area is decided by their place in the plug-in/effect tab (green blocks) - so the first one on the list will be assigned to the encoder 1 / FX bank 1. You move the green block on list to optimize your layout.