Lazy snare layering

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spiffincat

Lazy snare layering

Post by spiffincat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi all,

very noob question here I want to find the simplest way to layer 2 or 3 sounds in the drum rack, preferably using just the one button, (say C1,).

I have checked the manual and various tutorials so I assume this is not possible. When I try to drop one snare on top of anther it simply replaces the 1st.

Before moving on to a less lazy method I thought I'd check here 1st to see if it was possible at all and I was just missing some setting i've enabled or disabled to accomplish the laziest of snare layering possible.

Thanks in advance,

"the lazy"
spiffincat

TomViolenz

Re: Lazy snare layering

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 pm

right click on the instrument on the pad and select "group", now within the resulting instrument rack you can place as many other instrument chains as you like

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:38 pm

spiffincat wrote:Hi all,

very noob question here I want to find the simplest way to layer 2 or 3 sounds in the drum rack, preferably using just the one button, (say C1,).

I have checked the manual and various tutorials so I assume this is not possible. When I try to drop one snare on top of anther it simply replaces the 1st.

Before moving on to a less lazy method I thought I'd check here 1st to see if it was possible at all and I was just missing some setting i've enabled or disabled to accomplish the laziest of snare layering possible.

Thanks in advance,

"the lazy"
spiffincat
You're almost there. When you drag a new instrument, hold down Cmd or Ctrl - that should add the new instrument instead of replacing it :)

spiffincat

Post by spiffincat » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:42 pm

Thanks so much guys.. I lazily proceed! :D

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:39 pm

spiffincat wrote:Thanks so much guys.. I lazily proceed! :D
LOL! You're not lazy, mate - you're smart for wanting to save time!

spiffincat

Post by spiffincat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:18 am

Didn't catch that last one, Thanks shift. "smart" is one thing i'm rarely accused of being ;)