OSCiLLOT

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Andrey Marchenko

Re: OSCiLLOT

Post by Andrey Marchenko » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:16 am

Hi,

DEVs you need to create .pdf file where will be described all modules because:

1. it's not a time saver when you load Max For Cats page and then trying to find what every module means,
2. it's not a time saver to load every module and then click info button in editor.

Cheers,
Andrey

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:17 pm

ivarin wrote:jit.gl.render erease GL Error: Invalid Framebuffer Operation
jit.gl. mesh: unboxing vertex array: GL Error: Invalid Framebuffer Operation
this thing is reproduced in all my sets now i use oscillot in (and i use it quite intensively), any info on this? i've sent 5 crash reports to Ableton during last few days

kleine

Post by kleine » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Do you use Max 7.0.5?

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:54 pm

kleine wrote:Do you use Max 7.0.5?
yepp

Andrey Marchenko

Post by Andrey Marchenko » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:25 am

kleine wrote:Do you use Max 7.0.5?
Yes. Latest version 7.0.5

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:10 pm

ivarin wrote:jit.gl.render erease GL Error: Invalid Framebuffer Operation
jit.gl. mesh: unboxing vertex array: GL Error: Invalid Framebuffer Operation

during this, Oscillot becomes awfully unresponsive, it takes up to a few minutes to draw the editor window or drag the wires etc. it appears with some time after opening project. at least it seems ok right after loading devices. if you're interested, here's a link to a set with this reproduced https://space.zeo.net/g/1vvp3

macbook pro mid 2014
Christian,
we had this conversation and you said you reproduced the problem and you'd chat with guys from C74 about this. things turned to be worse than i thought: it's worth opening a blank project in Live, load OSCiLLOT device and add just a module (audio out for instance) to get these messages. if not, drag the module over the screen a bit. add second module if you're lucky as hell. this makes the patch unusable if it's complex enough thus it becomes an awkward limitation

am i the only one with this kind of troubles?

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:27 pm

I just updated to 9.2.2 pointed it at max705 and live freezes loading the template set..

kleine

Post by kleine » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:28 pm

It might interesting to figure what's in your template set then...

kleine

Post by kleine » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:35 pm

@Ivarin: The problem seem to be the automation on the Grain Resynth "Start" parameter.
It overloads the thread and slows down the whole system. We'll have to think about a solution for this parameter - it currently simply shouldn't be automated.

Best,
Christian

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:47 pm

kleine wrote:@Ivarin: The problem seem to be the automation on the Grain Resynth "Start" parameter.
It overloads the thread and slows down the whole system. We'll have to think about a solution for this parameter - it currently simply shouldn't be automated.

Best,
Christian
this is another set https://space.zeo.net/g/5iij1 where this device was freezed, there are two more OCSiLLOT devices without Grain Resynth module. the problem persists. try to Open Editor after ~5 — 10 mins after startup

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:56 am

kleine wrote:It might interesting to figure what's in your template set then...
It's the same template I used with the previous version of Live which loaded fine. The problems started after I changed Lives preferences to point to the newly installed Max705. i.e. Live 9.2.2 works properly with the old max but not the new version.

kleine

Post by kleine » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:49 am

ivarin wrote:
kleine wrote:@Ivarin: The problem seem to be the automation on the Grain Resynth "Start" parameter.

Best,
Christian
this is another set https://space.zeo.net/g/5iij1 where this device was freezed, there are two more OCSiLLOT devices without Grain Resynth module. the problem persists. try to Open Editor after ~5 — 10 mins after startup

It's a similar issue. I'm not sure yet how to prevent it. We'll see.

kleine

Post by kleine » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:49 am

Bagatell wrote:
It's the same template I used with the previous version of Live which loaded fine. The problems started after I changed Lives preferences to point to the newly installed Max705. i.e. Live 9.2.2 works properly with the old max but not the new version.
You should have support@ableton.com have a look into this.

Best,
c

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:39 pm

kleine wrote:

It's a similar issue. I'm not sure yet how to prevent it. We'll see.
thus i've got none of oscillot-powered sets which could be eventually of use. great.

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:52 am

kleine wrote:
Bagatell wrote:
You should have support@ableton.com have a look into this.

Best,
c
No reply from them as yet. But I deleted the old instances of Max and Live now loads. The template set has a convolution reverb in it that was presumably causing the confusion. On to oscillot lite. :)