Omnisphere 2 Presets for Push!

Discuss Push with other users.
jestermgee

Omnisphere 2 Presets for Push!

Post by jestermgee » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:58 am

I have been asked quite a few times here and via my contacts if I will be updating Omni2 for Push browsing.

I was initially hesitant because I really don't browse too much via Push (occasionally) and I am also a Beta tester for Akai VIP so that is a good amount of preset browsing anyway.

Still, I do sometimes wonder if it could be worth the time to create an expansion pack for Omni2 patches only.

The Catch...

I have to update the script and spend many more hours ripping more presets and then put together the documentation and host the files etc the idea will be to require a small donation ($10 AUD) to download these. Users can still download Omni 1 and Trilian for free but to assist with hosting costs I believe $10 would be fair.

Answer the poll so I can get an idea if I should even bother.
Last edited by jestermgee on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovelight

Re: Omnisphere 2 Presets for Push!

Post by lovelight » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:18 pm

im also making alot of vst racks, but omnisphere 2 is way to big for me to make, so i would be happy to pay for this enormous synth.

you have done a really good job with trillian and omni 1. so your price tag is not to expencieve :)

kind regards

Tim

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Yeah it will be a little ways off yet.

It will be a release of Omni2 only presets which users will be able to add to the initial Omnisphere preset library but as a separate directory. The good thing is this will allow you to browse Omnisphere 1 or 2 presets.

I actually have one of my machines working overtime creating a new Live library that now combines ALL my samples, the live 8 library, Live 9 Packs, all VST presets and drum kits and samples into a massive single browsable library simply because I am sick of thinking "I need a drum kit" then searching a dozen locations.

Using Akai VIP with the Advance keyboard made me quickly see how much you miss when you just don't know things are there. Taken 3 weeks so far but am about up to Omnisphere so will work in a preset pack when it gets there.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:06 am

Well there really are not as many patches as I thought in the V2 update (basically completed in a day) so I will be releasing this under the same donation mechanism, not worth the hassle for a few thousand presets to force a purchase (and not really what I wanted to do anyway).

A big issue I have noticed is the V2 patches appear to have been rushed with their tagging because there are a LOT of missing tages (such as Genre and Type are not even applied to half of the presets) so sorting by any of these tags misses hundreds of patches. I have already reported this to Spectrasonics. There are only a few hundred patches for each category max anyway so sub categories are not required and they will be supplied in just the main category folders

If users would like the Moog patches, please consider donating so I can put this towards the Moog Tribute expansion and I will release these.

Each instrument rack now has both an EQ8 and a Glue Compressor (in a disabled state) in the chain with the Macros set to some basic controls in these. There is still 100 mapped VST controls (again this only works with the VST version, not AU)

Hope to have these uploaded and downloadable in the next few weeks.

yonhorizon

Post by yonhorizon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 am

any news ?

Lowfront

Post by Lowfront » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:56 am

Pumped up for when this is available. Thank you!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:21 pm

It's completed, I just need to zip and upload it.

This will be only Omni2 presets which you can simply add to the existing library or (what I prefer) have an Omni1 and Omni2 folder to make it easier to nav.

These are also upgraded presets still with EQ8 but also with a glue compressor on the end (in an off state) and macro controls for the EQ and Compressor

klangsulfat

Post by klangsulfat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:20 am

jestermgee wrote:It's completed, I just need to zip and upload it.
:D Thanks for your effort. Any news when the patches will be available?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:01 pm