Is Live dead already?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
login

Re: Is Live dead already?

Post by login » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:15 pm

If you are really annoyed by Live switch to whatever is better and be happy. No happines in using a DAW you dont like.

Syver

Post by Syver » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:19 am

The development pace of Live has been too slow.

Hopefully this will change with future releases.

In the meantime, you don't have to wait, buy Bitwig and help stir up the competition.

mareproduction

Post by mareproduction » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 am

As for me, I can continue to work with version 9.1 ( or 9.2 I am not sure which version I have ) forever. Of course I 'd like a bunch of new features but when I think what problems I have with Cubase , Ableton is a loving mother :-).Ableton workflow is a killer.
At the end of the day , I think it's important music that you make, not the tool. these themes are just an excuse to be bored, rather than doing music

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 am

It's kinda interesting that troll threads like these are almost the only ones still receiving a good amount of posts.

Just saying...

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:54 am

well, if Live 10 (Zombie edition) came out with a bunch of new features, devices, interactions, and of course bugs - then there would be a massive surge in interesting and informative posts. Right now though we are sat on a 3 year old piece of software about which everything has been said.

Unless you want me to sing my sad song about the L9 browser again?
Or I can do my impassioned rant about M4L integration if you like?

But I feel at this point everyone can recite them from memory.
So we wait ...

fisto

Post by fisto » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:30 pm

@mareproduction: wow, what is this thing? just a mockup or real? :)
looks really mellow on the eyes.

as for the other stuff, I'm really not trolling just thinking out loud. And I still use Live as my mein Layout-Tool, but some features I saw in Bitwig have made me re-evaluate Live...and the 1.2 update really has some stuff I'd like to use.

And no, custom-keyboard-commands are not possible yet. I know that we can map stuff to the computer-keyboard but that's more for effects and clips, not for basic program functions.

And I know that I can make great music with live 9 already, but there is still some stuff which needs to be refined and improved. As it is now, it seems more like a 80% finished thing.

And I don't use M4L. Not interested in this stability-hog after reading all those threads here xD

So no trolling, just trying to get some thoughts on the state of Live from other users here :)

Cheeers

mareproduction

Post by mareproduction » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm

fisto wrote:@mareproduction: wow, what is this thing? just a mockup or real? :)
looks really mellow on the eyes.

Cheeers
I think it is just fanmade project, but it looks AWSOME
https://dribbble.com/shots/2255100-Able ... gn-Concept

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:50 pm

Angstrom wrote:

Unless you want me to sing my sad song about the L9 browser again?
Or I can do my impassioned rant about M4L integration if you like?
Personally, I find the "snap" behaviour is more of an issue. I can't believe they haven't addressed that in one of the .x updates...

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Just about every time I see a video featuring one of the millionaire EDM producer/performers they have Live up on their screen. That alone says it’s not going away anytime soon.

Spending a lot of time on Bitching Central that is internet forums gives you a skewed view to where I sometimes find myself going “Wow, they actually get it to work reliably?!?” based entirely on reading people bitching.

fisto

Post by fisto » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:53 pm

man, I love those mockups :D

and the mulsimillionaire AVICIIs really don't influence the choice of my DAW xD
then I would never use Reaper, but I do and love it :)

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 pm

So what if version 9 has been out for a few years now?

If one is unable to make music with it as it is, with all of its features, they are in the wrong field.

As far as wanting more, this sounds more like people acting like software junkies, and making excuses for not being able to create anything. It happens. Everyone falls into a rut. I'm trying to crawl out of one myself, but it's ridiculous to insinuate the software is dead because someone has nothing. Version 10 can come out next week, and it still won't make you any better.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:47 pm

fisto wrote:and the mulsimillionaire AVICIIs really don't influence the choice of my DAW xD

As you gain experience you explore more options but I’m willing to bet a good percentage of noobs make their decisions based on indirect endorsements from their favorite producers.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:54 pm

beats me wrote:
fisto wrote:and the mulsimillionaire AVICIIs really don't influence the choice of my DAW xD

As you gain experience you explore more options but I’m willing to bet a good percentage of noobs make their decisions based on indirect endorsements from their favorite producers.
I know there's a few plugins and sound libraries on my hard drive because I've seen Noisia using them. :D